DCRamsey's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, August 9th, 2013 5:47 PM

Closed

I have a dial tone but I cannot call anyone. When I dial a number, the dial tone does not cease.

I have a dial tone but I cannot call anyone. When I dial a number, the dial tone does not cease. I had this same problem last night.

I went to AT&T's website to troubleshoot the problem. While there, I automatically restarted the U-verse Gateway device several times but to no avail. I made one more try at troubleshooting the problem today but I'm still having the same problem.  Please help me resolve this issue. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I am looking for a solution to this problem, too.  I have Western Electric Trimline from the 80's that I bought on Etsy....They said it was working when it was disconnected, but it doesn't work in my house.  I am hooking it up thru an Ooma voip...other older touch tone phones work, but this one does not.  Did you find a solution for this?  I am thinking of opening the base and reversing the RED and Green wires to reverse the polarity.  If you have any input, I would appreciate hearing from you.  Thanks, B

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I get a beep,beep,beep, then a dial tone, but cannot dial out on any phone in the house.  Model: CL 2909

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

6 years ago

The beeping means you have a voicemail message.  If you're using U-verse try resetting (powering down) the modem.  If not U-verse follow the other suggestions in this thread.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have activated my phone but I don’t have any internet access while I’m away from home 

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

5 years ago

@Asimp36 It doesn't sound like you're taking about landline service, traditional or u-verse.  What service are you talking about?

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have a GTE PAYPHONE 120b i can not breakdial tone. TRIED switching polarity but still not working. Key pad is touch tone. Other touch tonr phone work fine. But this payphone doesn't break tone unless the switch hook is used. The tpuch tone pad ismessed upand some buttons work and others are very statically. Regardless tone does not break

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Me, too!

I have a VTECH Cordless Phone from 2018. I can hear the dial tone and the individual touch tones as I dial, but my phone doesn't ring through and make the call. Stuck on dial tone. Doesn't receive calls, either.

The phone's base is correctly connected to my old-fashioned land line phone jack.

I don't have phone service through a modem.

What's up?

Thanks!

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

2 years ago

You only need to post a issue once. See the topic you started here. Closing this old topic to further posting. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.