Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How do I setup voicemail for my land line home phone? How do I view online?

Community Support

Home Phone banner.png

This applies to AT&T local home phone service (Legacy Land line). Don't have traditional phone service?

From your phone

1. Do one of the following:
    • Push *98 from your home phone.
    • Enter your home phone number or access number listed in your welcome letter.
  2. Choose a Personal Identification Number (PIN) between 6 and 10 digits long.
    • Enter your PIN followed by the # sign.
    • Re-enter your PIN followed by the # sign.
  3. Follow the instructions to set up your 8-digit authentication code. This code can be used if you forget your PIN or need to reset it.
  4. When prompted, say your name after the tone and press #.
    • If you're happy with the recording, press 1.
    • To record again, press 2.
  5. Follow the prompts to record a personal greeting or to use a pre-recorded system greeting. 

From a tablet or computer

Before you start, make sure you have your welcome letter. It contains your temporary email address and password.

1. Go to www.um.att.com.
  2. Enter your temporary email address and temporary password, then select Log in.
    • Your temporary email address is your 10-digit phone number combined with @ um.att.com (example: 1234567890@um.att.com).
    • Your temporary password is listed in your Welcome Letter. If you don't have it, call 888.300.6500.
  3. Follow the prompts to set up your voicemail box.

Additional resources

Get the Voicemail Viewer app Enjoy a simplified message view from iPhone, Android, Windows 7 desktop, and Mac OSX dashboard. You can combine your wireless and home voicemail. This allows you to review all your messages at once, from the same mailbox.Reset the number of ringsTo reset the number of rings before UM voicemail answers, please call us at 800.288.2020.Troubleshooting problems Call AT&T Unified Messaging Customer Care at 888.300.6500, Monday through Friday 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET.

Have more questions about your voicemail service? Visit our support hub!

Have other questions or concerns? Go to att.com or search the forums using the search bar above. Your question may have already been answered!

-ATTU-verseCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Community Support

Re: How do I setup voicemail for my land line home phone? How do I view online?

Thanks for visiting the 'How to set up your voicemail box and greeting' support page. Be sure to let us know any feedback and thank you for being the best part of our community.

-ATTU-verseCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support