garshelis's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, August 21st, 2014 8:53 PM

How do I change my Voicemail greeting message?

How do I change my Voicemail greeting message?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

From your home phone:

It only takes a few minutes to setup your voice mailbox by phone:

1. Dial *98 from your home phone. The system may take 5-7 seconds to begin voicemail setup.
  2. When prompted, enter a 6 to 10 digit PIN, then press #. (If you make a mistake when entering your PIN, press * to start over.)
  3. Re-enter your new PIN, then press #.
  4. Follow the instructions and set up your authentication code. Your personal authentication code must be in 8-digit MM/DD/YYYY format and can be your mother's, father's, spouse's, or child's date of birth. The authentication code can be used if you forget your PIN or anytime you need to reset your PIN.
  5. Next, record your name. Say your name after the tone, then press #.
    • If you're happy with the recording, press 1.
    • To record again, press 2.
    • If you need more time, press 8 to pause. To resume, press any key.
  6. To finish, record your personal greeting or use a pre-recorded system greeting. Press 1, record your greeting after the tone, then press #.
    • If you're happy with the recording, press 1.
    • To record again, press 2.
    • To use a different type of greeting (pre-recorded), press 3.
    • If you need more time, press 8 to pause. To resume, press any key.

On Line:

The online voicemail setup wizard walks you through every step of setting up your voicemail:

1. Log in to myAT&T using your Member ID and password. Don't have a myAT&T login? Register today!
  2. Hover over Home Phone at the top of the page and select Mailbox Setup.
  3. From the Setup Wizard page, select Next.
  4. From the Voice Mailbox Type page, select Generic Voice Mailbox and select Next.
  5. On the Phone Line Names screen, assign each phone number a name.
  6. From the Assign Members to Phone Numbers section, select the desired Member ID.
  7. In the Create Mailbox PIN section, create a 6 to 10 digit PIN and select Save.

Turn Voice Mail on/off from a smart phone:

You can turn your voicemail on or off using the myAT&T app1 or from our mobile site (m.att.com/myatt). Don't have the myAT&T app? Find out how to get the myAT&T app.

1. Log in to your account with your myAT&T app.
  2. Tap My plan & services.
  3. Tap Manage phone features & settings.
  4. Tap Voicemail PIN and activation.
  5. Tap Voicemail to toggle it On or Off, then tap Save.

1myAT&T app - Compatible device and account registration required for myAT&T app activation. Data/messaging rates may apply for app download/usage.

Voice Mail Viewer:

Access your voicemail from a compatible smartphone or computer using the Voicemail Viewer application. This easy-to-use, visual voicemail application lets you review and manage your messages. You can even forward a voicemail to a friend by email, and add a caller to your Address Book. Learn more about the Voicemail Viewer, or download the app on your iPhone, or Android device.

How to manage your Voice Mail:

This table has instructions on how to manage various features of your voicemail service. Some can be managed from your phone or from your online myAT&T account. Don't forget to download our voicemail pocket guide (PDF) for your convenience.

Managing your voicemail settingsTask Description MethodCreate multiple U-verse Voice mailboxesListen to and manage voicemailUse Voicemail ViewerSet Number of RingsChange Voicemail PIN (from your home phone)Change Voicemail PIN (from any touchtone phone)Record Voicemail GreetingIntegrate Wireless VoicemailMessage Waiting Indicator on TVTurn your U-verse Voicemail on and off
Create up to eight additional subaccount voice mailboxes for family members, each with its own PIN, personal Authentication Code, unique greeting, and notification options.Manage online from the Profile tab.
Listen to and manage your U-verse Voicemail messages by phone or online.Dial *98 from your U-verse home phone, dial your home phone number from another phone, or access your voicemail messages online from the Voicemail Settings tab. Press the * key when you hear your greeting. Enter your PIN. Press 4 and follow the prompts.
AT&T Voicemail Viewer allows you to review and manage your U-verse Voicemail messages on qualifying computers or mobile devices.Refer to att.com/vmviewer for more information.
Sets the number of rings a caller hears before going to voicemail.Manage online from the Voicemail Settings tab.
Change the personal identification number (PIN) you use to access your voice mailbox by the phone. Your new PIN must be 6-10 digits long and should not be your phone or voice mailbox number.Dial *98, press 4 to change PIN, then follow the voice prompts.
Change the personal identification number (PIN) you use to access your voice mailbox by the phone. Your new PIN must be 6-10 digits long and should not be your phone or voice mailbox number.Dial your U-verse home phone number. At the greeting, press *, then enter your PIN and press 4 and follow the voice prompts to change your PIN. If you've forgotten your PIN and enter it incorrectly, the system will prompt you for your Authentication Code. Once you've entered your Authentication Code, follow the voice prompts to reset your PIN and access your voice mailbox.
Sets the greeting callers hear when they reach your voice mailbox.Manage online from the Voicemail Settings tab.
Integrates the voicemail accounts of up to two AT&T wireless phone numbers with your existing U-verse voice voicemail account.Manage online from the Voicemail Settings tab.
Enable or disable a small window to display on your TV screen for 10 seconds when a new voicemail is waiting, when subscribed to both U-verse TV and U-verse voice service.Manage online from the Voicemail Settings tab.
Controls call forwarding to your voice mailbox. Turn on this feature to route all unanswered calls to voicemail. Turn off this feature when you do not wish to receive voicemail messages.Manage online from the Voicemail Settings tab.

You can also turn on/ turn off with the myAT&T app1 on your smartphone by logging in to your account, tapping My plans & services, tapping Manage phone features & settings, tapping Voicemail PIN and activation, toggling On or Off and tapping Save.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I just set up my wireless phone voicemail tonight, but I want to change what I chose for a password to something more simple - how do I do that?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

C'est dont ben compliqué à faire

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.