jginkc's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, July 31st, 2018 9:46 PM

How can we put an end to intrusive ADMINISTRATIVE BROADCAST message which hijacks the VM feature?

I've received yet another annoying "Administrative Broadcast" message on my voicemail from AT&T soliciting their "app". This is annoying, intrusive and downright maddening! GET ME OFF THE BROADCAST LIST PLEASE or I will cancel the landline and use my VERIZON WIRELESS for all of my telephone communication needs. I've seen several people write on the forum about this and the reply from AT&T is always for that poster to look for a private message. Why not just post the solution where everyone can see it?

Thank you,

Janet

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

6 years ago

It's been posted a few times, you'll have to ignore some of the venting.  Here's one   the same link was posted in other topics.  Here's another See SDoyle1's post on 7/26 also to see what worked for them, this one takes more reading. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

That's exactly what my problem turned out to be. I had to listen over and over to it while trying to figure out how to delete it with no luck. I would press the 7 key and it would not drop. No instruction was given as to how to delete it. At the end of the message it only said what to press to replay it and to press # to continue. I had not idea what they meant by "to continue" but in desperation I finally pressed # to see what would happen and that was the key. I finally returned to normal operation and told me that I had 4 messages which I listened to and discarded. This also discarded the "Broadcast" message.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Just got off the phone with ATT and have the solution.

Listen to the entire message and wait for the computer voice to tell you to punch #.  That is all that you need to do to get into your voice mails and it kills the "admin. broadcast".

ATT knows nothing about the message.  I guess it was spam.

Peter Krieger

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.