Getting Stutter with Voicemail Not Activated

Tutor

Getting Stutter with Voicemail Not Activated

Hi:

I have voicemail turned off for my account.

I verified this with ATT and they even "rebooted" the voicemail service for me and verified there weren't any voicemail messages.

When l use my phone I hear the stutter and then the dial tone. I shouldn't hear the stutter since I don't have voicemail turned on and I don't have messages.

My phone displays the message that I have a new voicemail message.... but I don't.

I clear this on my phone by pressing & holding the # key.

But, as soon an pickup the handset, the message reappears.

Can anyone suggest a fix for this problem?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4 (515 Views)
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by skeeterintexas (ACE - Master)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Getting Stutter with Voicemail Not Activated

eming - I will guess that the voice mail cannot be "short circuited". That is turned off ahead of time. I am thinking you are getting the welcoming greeting & telling you to set it up.

I would try setting it up. Then turning it off. Just dial *98 abd follow the bouncing ball. Then turn it off.

Here is the link with instructions - https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401929#fbid=lbu3iR6VWW3
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (508 Views)
Tutor

aviewer:
Thank you so much! Your suggestion fixed my problem!
Message 3 of 4 (451 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

eming - Glad to hear it. Thanks for letting me know.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (443 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

: Have phone trouble? Don’t wait, fix it now! Check out the links below, help is just a click away. You can also search for answers using the search feature above.