Faxing with ATT uverse voip

Contributor

Faxing with ATT uverse voip

Has anyone been able to use their fax with ATT's voip line. I have tried several times with ATT and HP. The conclusion is this is a real problem. This was not mentioned when I purchased the uverse bundle.

Message 1 of 8 (8,665 Views)
Expert

Re: Faxing with ATT uverse voip

Faxing with any VOIP service can be problematic depending on the fax machine.  Review the fax machine's owner's manual to see if any settings need to be adjusted when using VOIP service.

Message 2 of 8 (8,650 Views)
Highlighted
Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author silverfox123
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

I have been using my fax machine without issues, as TG suggested, check the owners manual, sometimes lowering the machine's baud rate to 9600 will help. But be advised, there are machines that are not compatible with VOIP service and that will usually be stated in the manual.

Message 3 of 8 (8,632 Views)
Mentor

I have a HP 6310 Officejet All-In-One and have no problems faxing with U-verse voice.

Message 4 of 8 (8,614 Views)
Expert

I have pre 1990s fax maching that has worked from day 1 of having Voip service.

Message 5 of 8 (8,582 Views)

I haven't had any problems faxing over U-verse voice either. I also just transfered my service to Ooma and that works well with fax too (over U-verse internet)...

Message 6 of 8 (8,387 Views)
Tutor

Apparently I can not fax over AT&T;s U-verse phoneline either.  However, I can fax through Magicjack connected to a computer wi-fi'ed to the residential gateway just fine.

Message 7 of 8 (8,282 Views)
Contributor

I'm not sure I would call this solved.  Sounds more like "unsolvable" with current equipment, which is very aggravating since I was not told this upfront.  Now I have no fax capability without additional expense. Thanks a lot AT&T.

Message 8 of 8 (8,213 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

: Have phone trouble? Don’t wait, fix it now! Check out the links below, help is just a click away. You can also search for answers using the search feature above.