outriggal's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, June 30th, 2016 2:46 AM

Can you have two UVerse phone lines with each line having their own voicemail?

I have two phone lines in my house. One for personal and one for work. My voicemails for my personal phone are all landing on my work line vm. I have spent 3 hours on the phone with ATT UVerse. The final tech just told me you can only have one UVerse vm box where messages from both lines will end up in. I don't think this is correct, because both lines vm's worked for a while. Does anyone know the answer to this? I am beyond frustrated calling ATT.

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

Yes, you can.  I have three different lines.  One upstairs and one down and one in a studio over the garage and they each work as a separate entity.  I did set them up as separate accounts though and I get a separate bill for each.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

8 years ago

@BayouWoman wrote:

Yes, you can.  I have three different lines.  One upstairs and one down and one in a studio over the garage and they each work as a separate entity.  I did set them up as separate accounts though and I get a separate bill for each.

U-verse Voice only allows two phone lines, and only one U-verse account per service address.  You must be talking about POTS, which doesn't have those restrictions.

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

No, I have residence number one and residence number two and business number one.  Three lines and they are uverse all of them. They are three separate addresses and three separate lines. Glad you like me so much @JefferMC that you follow me around all the time.  This is my last post since I am switching to other services, so you'll have to find someone else to make you mad.    @outriggal said that one is a separate line and being used as a separate business there is no way the two should combine.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

8 years ago

@Anonymous, do your U-verse Residential account and your U-verse Business account have the exact same service address?

And don't feel too "special" because I reply to your posts. I look at most new posts and reply to threads where I have something to say.  You've been posting a fair amount in the past week.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

Hi,

No, I don't have call forwarding enabled. I did have the same password on both lines. I just changed that.  Now, when I call my business line it sends the vm message left to both phone lines and not just the business line.

I am so irritated with this. I should have just left both phones on a land line. This has been a nightmare and ATT has the worst customer service ever. I called tech support and he said you can only have one U-Verse vm. I have spent over 3 1/2 hours on the phone talking to people in other countries who are clueless. I am so angry!

Thank you

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

In businesses, and I assume homes, after the two FXS ports on the router, they will put in an IAD which chains off an ethernet port on your dsl router and allows up to four more FXS lines

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.