cjzimmer2's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, February 12th, 2016 2:46 AM

Can I make caller-id show name for incoming calls from cell phones?

My caller ID shows names for people calling from landlines but when they call from cell phones, I just get the number.  SInce I don't have everyone's number memorized, I don't know who is calling.  I have names and numbers programmed into the phone but when the call comes in it doesn't seem to use the directory in the phone.  Is there a feature on my uverse account where I can program this in so I can see the names with the numbers?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@cjzimmer2 - I looked at the manual & that phone does appear to be old & basic. It does allow entering a name & number, but I believe it is only used for dialing out (aka speed dial). You could try it to see if it applies to incoming calls.

I do know that all the newer Panasonics - look for DECT technology - have the ability. Shop by number of sets you need & price. Costco always seems to have a deal.

I enter friends and family by first name or nickname - no need to be formal with a full name.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@cjzimmer2 - I believe U-verse voice does NOT have the feature for adding names. 

Is your phone system supposed to have it? Post your phone model & I will look it up.

My Panasonic phone DOES have the ability to add the name based on the number. I really need it. It has become a must have.

Another great Panasonnic feature is voice announcement. I do not need to look at the listing. I can hear it even when away from the phone.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I have no idea if my phone has it or not.  We have had the phone for a long time but we never had caller ID when we has the regular landline because I didn't want to pay extra for it.  It was one of the things I was looking forward to when we switched to Uverse but since the majority of my calls don't show any useful information it's kind of pointless.

Anyways, the phone system we have is a Uniden TRU9480-3.

If there is a way to make this phone work, I'd like to figure it out but if that's not possible, I'm not completely against getting a new phone system so if there is something that will for sure allow me to have the phone display names on incoming cell calls, please share specific details if you can.  I'm not really tech savvy, so I'd much rather have a list of go find this phone and model than to try to track down a specific feature.  Thanks so much for your help.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I have a bunch of those cell numbers already programmed into the phone so I know they aren't picking them up.  I've seen the panasonic sets at costco and have looked at them put didn't know if they would fix this problem.  I'll pick one up the next time they go on sale which they seem to do quite frequently.  Thanks for your help.

Associated Member

• 

248 Messages

8 years ago

If you add the person to your phonebook though the web portal, it should reflect the name you set tehre for the TN on caller ID. I'm not 100% certain on that as I really haven't done much with the phonebook, but from waht I've seen it changes how caller ID is refelcted in the portal, and thus should also reflect the same changes on both caller ID on TV and your phones caller ID

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.