lionofct's profile

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, April 23rd, 2011 4:33 PM

Closed

Caller ID shows "Unavailable 1"

Recently. I've been getting calls that register on the caller ID as "Unavailable", and the phone number shown is just "1". Is there a way to block these calls?

Accepted Solution

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

9 years ago

I use a free service, Nomorobo. They keep a list of numbers to block, and I can add additional numbers if they get through to me. My phone still does ring once, but then Nomorobo blocks the spam calls and disconnects them.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

13 years ago

If you have Uverse Voice, you can do the following.

Anonymous Call Blocking provides the message, "The number you dialed will not accept your call", to those callers who have their Caller ID information marked as private, restricted, anonymous, unavailable, or blocked. This feature is included with your service at no extra charge.

Your phone does not ring and the caller is unable to leave a voice mail message. You can access Anonymous Call Blocking using your online account manager or using your phone. Just press *77# on your phone to activate Anonymous Call Blocking and *87# to turn off.

Note: Unsolicited toll free calls can be stopped by registering them with the National Do Not Call Register. This can be done be done online by going to the National Do Not Call Registry at https://www.donotcall.gov/.  It can take up to 31 days for the number to be removed from all calling lists and an entry must be made for each telephone number that you wish to stop.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

13 years ago

I've have my system set up with that and it still goes through.  I just don't answer it. If they don't know who they are, I dont' pick up.

I'm to the point of setting up an allowed list of phone numbers instead of using call blocking.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

I have anonymous call blocking on, and I still get these calls. My number is also registered on the national "do not call" list.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

13 years ago

For some reason a lot of people with cell phones show unavailable cause they block their id's.  If the number shows up and you know who they are you can edit the name and it will show up on your TV caller ID.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

13 years ago

@Pete53FR wrote:

For some reason a lot of people with cell phones show unavailable cause they block their id's.  If the number shows up and you know who they are you can edit the name and it will show up on your TV caller ID.

That has nothing to do with the "Unavailable 1" phone number.  It would be different if there were an actual phone number to look at, but it's just the number 1.  It cannot be blocked using the call block function since it's not enough numbers.

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

13 years ago

The number 1 is U-Verse Voice's default -- it prefixes everything with 1, presumably because we are in the US where the country code is 1.  There is nothing you can do currently to block calls coming from "Unavailable" as U-Verse currently does not offer anything similar to Privacy Director or Privacy Manager.  You cannot block these calls.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

There is no way to block this.  I have tried to stop this company from calling for the past 8 months.  They call every day at least once a day.  I have managed to get ahold of one of the organizations that uses these people and they stopped it for a week, but my phone number always gets back on their list.  Believe me I have tried everything imaginable; from registering a complaint with the attorney general to begging.  They are apparently used by the Republican party and other conservative organizations and they are relentless.  AT&T will not help you and the do not call list does not include political calls so you, like myself are out of luck. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

I tried allowing only specific phone numbers through for a month.  I changed it back to allow all but specifically blocked numbers and the next day they started calling again.  They will not stop and there is no way to stop them.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

13 years ago

Unfortunately, political campaigns, charities and survey takers are exempt from the Do Not Call list, the best you can do is ask them to remove your number from their list and hope they grant your request.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.