lionofct's profile

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, April 23rd, 2011 4:33 PM

Closed

Caller ID shows "Unavailable 1"

Recently. I've been getting calls that register on the caller ID as "Unavailable", and the phone number shown is just "1". Is there a way to block these calls?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

They're doing it for me - thanks for posting that info. I was going to call them anyway & demand they find a way of blocking this "unavailable 1" - there's no reason why they shouldnt be able to.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

AT & T can fix this problem, but they won't.  They would rather put their resources into advertising on television telling us that they are our friends and that they are technical wizards.  AT & T is run by people who fail to tell the truth.  They have failed to tell me the truth many times and have nothing to be proud of.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

How would you suggest they fix it?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Hey JFW:

AT & T's Anonymous call blocking does not work for this number.  You are wrong. 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Hey JefferMC:

You can't block this caller only identified as "1".  ATT caller block feature will only accept a 10 digit number, not "1" or "Unavailable 1".  

Thus, AT & T should configure its caller block features to allow for this.

This is simple.  

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

10 years ago

Wow... thanks for the info.  This is the first time I have ever seen someone who actually understands this issue.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

This does not work. We have been getting calls from Unavailable at 8 minute intervals. There is no one on the other end, not even the fax machine sound. Unplugging the phone.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I have had these people have been calling now for over a year.  Today was the final straw. The dude on the line was laughing so hard and thought I ws joking when I asked him to not call any more, he simply said "...I will try back later..."  AND he did.  CALL AFTER CALL.   I will be dumping ATT and moving over to Google VOIP.  I did NOT want to do this, but I feel as if I have no choice.  For 40.00 a month just for my phone services with ATT,  I should have more options to block a call that simply comes up UNAVAILABLE 1.  Google VOIP is free.  I will take the cons with Google phone before I will have one more call come through that disrupts my home.  Enough is enough.  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks, after speaking with four ATT reps, mission accomplished.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Based on the recommendation of BRD65 (Apr 17, 2014 9:16:53 AM),

I called tech support from the website phone number and gave my spiel:

(memorize this phase like a broken record):
"Please submit a TECH SUPPORT TICKET to block "Unavailable 1" from ringing my phone."

So the tech guy says nothing can be done.

Next I tried the chat lady.

She said I needed to call the residential repair service at 800-246-8464.

I couldn't convince her it wasn't a repair issue

or get her to submit a ticket, so what the heck, I called the number.

I told my tale of woe to the repair lady and once again:

"Please submit a TECH SUPPORT TICKET to block "Unavailable 1" from ringing my phone."

She put me on hold, and then a tech guy came on the phone.

Once again:

He said, "I am tech support, and I'll do that for you." He put me on hold for a few minutes, and then came back and said, "It's done, it won't happen again."

So now I will see if it's true . . .

But I was amazed to finally get to someone

who seemed to know what I was talking about

AND said he could fix it.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.