johns14triglide's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, September 14th, 2016 11:57 PM

Caller ID has someone's else's name on my out going calls

moved our service to our new house which was installed by AT&T tech on 7/13/16.  we had to get a new phone # because of the area code (713 was not available in my new area) I had the same # for 21 years originally with southwestern bell. Now whenever we call out to family or friends some one else's name shows up on their caller ID , to date I've called & spent several hours on the phone with tech support at least 4 times & every time they end up saying ITS Fixed , all they know how to do is reboot system . this last time I called in about it a girl said why don't you just get another phone # ? Why do I have to have all my people reprogram my number just to get the name corrected on my caller-id! 

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

7 years ago

Checking in to see if your issue is resolved. If not, let us know. 

We also want to introduce the myATT app. It allows you to troubleshoot in the palm of your hand and even setup a technician appointment. It is much faster than calling in as well. You can download it from the app store or texting myATT to 8758 to receive a link to download it.

-ATTU-verseCare

Scholar

• 

119 Messages

7 years ago

I haven't had to make any long distance calls to the people that reported to me that my name was not showing up correctly on their caller ID.......I have kinda narrowed the problem down ......two of the people that I had called are served by Verizon's landline service in Southwest Virginia area and the other call I made where my name showed up incorrectly was made to the coast of South Carolina so not sure what telephone service they have but could find out........we call long distance a lot in Michigan but have never had anyone tell us that my name was displaying differently........so sounds like you're right in what you told me in the private message about how some of the phone carriers don't always update their database but I have to say this is the first time this has ever happened to me after switching to a new phone service........if I continue to have problems I will make note of the telephone numbers that I called where my name displays incorrectly and will let you know......thanks for trying to help resolve this issue.....James

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

My caller ID from my cell phone as well as my daughter's phone show up as someone else when we call landlines. There's another issue I'm having with the site itself but I want to know how to get our caller ID to show my name and not a man's name who isn't even related. It's frustrating trying to get a hold of people or businesses (since even food places use caller ID when taking your order, would be nice to know who's name it's under lol.) But seriously, what can I do to fix it and have my name show up. It's my contract after all, so it's only right that it's my name.

Jennifer F

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

5 years ago

@jennford97 wrote:

My caller ID from my cell phone as well as my daughter's phone show up as someone else when we call landlines. There's another issue I'm having with the site itself but I want to know how to get our caller ID to show my name and not a man's name who isn't even related. It's frustrating trying to get a hold of people or businesses (since even food places use caller ID when taking your order, would be nice to know who's name it's under lol.) But seriously, what can I do to fix it and have my name show up. It's my contract after all, so it's only right that it's my name.

Jennifer F

Caller ID displayed on incoming calls on landlines is looked up by the receiving telephone company from directory information.  When that's coming from a land line, that's controlled by your telephone directory publishing status.  On a cell phone, all numbers are unpublished by default, i.e. no directory information by default.  I'd say your question belongs as a separate thread in the Mobile / Wireless section of the forums.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I never experienced this until today. I made a new friend today, and when we were exchanging our phone numbers. I called her, my phone number showed a strange name on it. Why did that happen? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.