johns14triglide's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, September 14th, 2016 11:57 PM

Caller ID has someone's else's name on my out going calls

moved our service to our new house which was installed by AT&T tech on 7/13/16.  we had to get a new phone # because of the area code (713 was not available in my new area) I had the same # for 21 years originally with southwestern bell. Now whenever we call out to family or friends some one else's name shows up on their caller ID , to date I've called & spent several hours on the phone with tech support at least 4 times & every time they end up saying ITS Fixed , all they know how to do is reboot system . this last time I called in about it a girl said why don't you just get another phone # ? Why do I have to have all my people reprogram my number just to get the name corrected on my caller-id! 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

8 years ago

Are you calling AT&T customers?  If not, then AT&T has little to no control over the name displayed on Caller ID.  Have you asked for an unlisted/unpublished number (not sure if those are even available anymore, but...)?  If so, then your name can't be associated with your phone number for Caller ID purposes, so the old one will hang out there.

AT&T publishes your name with your phone number in Caller ID databases to be used by carriers to look up to match with the phone number (which is all that is actually provided by the calling station with Caller ID).  Update frequencies, etc. play havoc iwth this.  2 months is actually a pretty short time to expect this to be resolved.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

But why would it have the last lady's name on it , we even still get bill collectors looking for her here ,& she has never lived at this house , maybe have to go with the new phone # plan

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

8 years ago

Because the last lady's name was published with that phone number and is hanging around until replaced by someone else's name.

How are bill collectors "looking for her here?"  By calling her old number which you now have?  My, if she didn't give the people to whom she owned money a new phone number, where else would they call?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

When I make a call to someone, my caller identification is incorrect.  It reflects on other people caller ID as QL Lanier.  My name, Sadie L. Raine, does not appear.  I have made several calls and chats with ATT to no avail.  I am always promised that the problem will be fixed within the next 24 hours.  Days has passed and I still have the problem.  HELP!!!!!!!!!

Community Support

• 

230.7K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @raine1643,

Sorry to read of the caller ID issue. We can look into this and just sent you a private message via the community forums. Click here to reply back and let us know via this thread one you have replied to the PM.

-ATTU-verseCare

Scholar

• 

119 Messages

7 years ago

I've got the same problem going on. Was AT&T able to resolve this issue for you? If so how did they fix the problem? Thanks! James

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

No they did not resolve this issue for me and I'm not sure if they even care.  Each time I call I get the runaround.  They have finally directed me to this community form to no avail.

Community Support

• 

230.7K Messages

7 years ago

Hello, 

We are sorry for your inconvenience. We will be glad to help. Please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Provide your name, 9 digit U-verse account number, and phone number. 

-ATTU-verseCare

Scholar

• 

119 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for getting back to me and letting me know...sorry to hear they have not resolved this issue....this is causing me a great inconvenience like you as when I call people they don't answer because they don't recognize my name 😞  

Scholar

• 

119 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for replying ATTCAres; per your request I have sent you  a private message with account number and a detailed message of my problem.....

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.