martinxiii's profile

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

Wednesday, January 10th, 2018 3:50 AM

Blocked Call List - For Mobile Phones

Can someone tell me how to access my blocked call list?  I wasn't even aware I had one, but just tried to block a number yesterday and it said my list was full and I need to delete some numbers.  I did find this, but after 3+ hours yesterday and today, I stll can't find the list.

Add or remove numbers from your blocked list

1. In Call Blocking, enter the number you want to block in Add Number. Make sure to include the area code.
  2. Select Add. You may enter up to 100 phone numbers you want to block.
  3. Select Save. Callers from your blocked numbers will hear, "The number you dialed will not accept your call," and the call will end.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

467 Messages

6 years ago

The only way that I know to find blocked call list is to go to Call Protect app on the phone.  After open the app at the bottom is a circle with a line through it and “Block List” underneath it.  I hope this helps.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

467 Messages

6 years ago

@oldphoneet

I’m not sure what website you’re referring to, but you can block a phone number directly from your phone.  You can use Call Protect app as directed above, or through recent calls on your phone.  Select the number you want to block, then it will go to a screen to add to contacts.  Depending which phone you have, some have the block number option at the bottom, or press the 3 dots in the top right corner, block number will be in the drop down list.  I hope this helps.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

To find the list of blocked numbers on your landline, call *60 then listen for the instructions which should include to press 1 to listen to the (up to 10) numbers that are on your call block list. I found this out from a call rep. To delete a number, press 07 right after the number was announced. Then there is room to add another one. Let me know if this works for you.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks.  That was the easiest way to go. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Where do I go to block a phone number in this crazy web site?

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

6 years ago

In reading this the original topic was geared towards u-verse service, but responses have also included cell service.  This is why it's much better to start a new topic for your problem unless you're positive your addressing the same topic as the OP.  It's also a good example as to why you should always post the service you're talking about when seeking help.  Since this is in the Home Phone forum  is why I'm assuming u-verse, plus the number of calls the OP stated can be blocked and @oldphoneet statement about the accessing via the WEB site. 

In answer to @oldphoneet about the WEB site, if you're talking u-verse, you access your account than go to the phone portal.  If you'll search the forum you'll find more answers, if you're looking for more detail.  Here's a link to features in the phone portal

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

My phone is a Pantech, which is a dumb phone. I was referring to the MyAT&T
web site. It tells how to do it but it took me about 30 minutes to find
where to do it and since I am retired, I am usually at home all day and I
am tired of being interrupted by robo calls. My cordless phone is maxed out
blocking calls with 10 and I have put my numbers on nomorobo.com and before
the website was changed It was easier to find where to block phone numbers
on it. This is something that is very important for me. Thank you for
contacting me.

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

6 years ago

I doubt if your phone is doing any blocking and you say you've reached your limit at 10.  That tells me you have a traditional landline, which nomorobo won't work on and there is no WEB portal for blocking and unblocking. 

If you use # the 10-digit number you want to add, and #  to block a number and *60 to turn it on and *80 to turn it off that is the service provided with a traditional landline.  

Here's a link to traditional landline blocking instructions

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks.  You are a lifesaver...exactly what I was looking for.  Now I can block a few more of these spam callers.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Glad you found it works too, Martinxiii. Wish ATT would post it on their website. Oh wait, I guess that’s why they set up these forums - so we would. Hope it helps oldphoneet too. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.