For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
ATTU-verseCare's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

Monday, May 1st, 2017 10:01 PM

Anonymous Call Rejection (*77) – Traditional Landline

Home Phone banner.png

Anonymous Call Rejection* (*77) – Traditional Landline

Anonymous Call Rejection* (*77) intercepts calls from people who have used a blocking feature to prevent their name or number from being provided to people they call. When Anonymous Call Rejection is activated, callers hear a message telling them to hang up, unblock delivery of their phone number and call again. Your phone will not ring unless the caller removes the block.

Turn On Anonymous Call Rejection

Pick up the phone and press *77

Turn Off Anonymous Call Rejection

Pick up the phone and press *87

Things to know

• Anonymous Call Rejection stays on until you turn it off.
  • If a call comes in from a private number on your Personalized Ring or Selective Call Forwarding list, the call will be accepted.
  • Anonymous Call Rejection does not intercept calls that display as Unknown or Out-of-Area on the Caller ID. These designations usually mean that the call originated in an area in which Caller ID is not available.
  • Anonymous Call Rejection does not block Operator Assisted incoming calls.
  • Caller ID is required in some areas.

Additional solutions

AT&T Home Phone: How to Use Call Block and Screening

* - Not available in all areas.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

1 Attachment

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for for visiting the AT&T Community Forums. See above to get help with Anonymous Call Rejection (*77).

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have used *77 to attempt to block anonymous calls on my AT&T landline but continue to receive numerous robo calls each day (as many as 8 in a single day) where the Caller ID name is blank.  Is there anything else I can do or AT&T can do to block these Anonymous Calls?  Evidently *77 doesn't work even though the description of Anonymous Call Rejection says : "Prevents anonymous calls from callers who block delivery of their Caller ID information (name and/or phone number)".  

Community Support

• 

231.3K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @cesigmon,

We apologize for the inconvenience with anonymous call rejection issues. Visit this article help and understanding of why some calls don't get rejected by feature.

-ATTU-verseCare

(edited)

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

I tried *77 on my landline and received an error message that it is not available. This is a traditional ATT plan, so how can I get this service started?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

I have a traditional ATT landline and the *77 returns an error message that the service is not available on this line. We are in a major city (818 area code) so what can be done to solve this?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I get the same message when I try to use Anonymous call rejection by putting typing in *77. Its maddening to say the least.Being on the governments Do Not Call List either. They don't do anything to the people making the calls because we still get them from the same numbers that we reported to them. That's what happens when the government decided it was okay to release everyone's phone numbers whether they are Landline phone#'s or cell#'s. We don't get privacy anymore. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

does att not have anything for cell phone?

• 

3 Messages

try YOUMAIL ( name if app)

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

5 years ago

You'd be better off posting you question in the wireless forum.  I believe call protect is available for cell service, but I'm not positive. 

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

5 years ago

Deregulation 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.