*77 and *87

Contributor

*77 and *87

I use *77 to force callers to enter their phone numbers *87 to remove the setting. Is there a charge for this?  What is advised process in handling unwanted calls?  I keep getting calls from Global Check which  is a 919 area code and wanting me to settle a case before paperwork is filed for court. I know it is a scam since I looked up the number.  I have an unlisted number so I don't know how they got my number.  I have received other calls from various numbers.  Will AT&T change my phone number? 

Message 1 of 2 (2,585 Views)
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author cami16
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: *77 and *87

No there is no charge for using the codes on Uverse Voice.  If this number is a "scam" you can use a service called nomorobo.  Here is the link: https://www.nomorobo.com/.  I have it set up and it works quite well so far.  If you do get a call that was not blocked you can go to the website and request they look into it for possible blocking.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (2,558 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

: Have phone trouble? Don’t wait, fix it now! Check out the links below, help is just a click away. You can also search for answers using the search feature above.