Explore & discover

Helpful Links

digital phone and internet connection

Tutor

digital phone and internet connection

when my digital phone rings my internet get disconnected until the phone is not in use

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Master

Re: digital phone and internet connection

What do you mean by "digital phone" are you talking U-verse service?  If no what service do you have.  From your description it sounds like you have a traditional landline and DSL and the filter is missing off the phone. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Tutor

my internet is through att u verse my phone is hooked up to the router. when the phone is in use i lose connection to the internet on my computer, after phone gets hung up from the call about 5 minutes later the connection comes back. this has been happening since i posted this. att was to send me another router but instead they sent a tech to install fiber three dam times now, and i still have not gotten a new router.

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Master

So you have a VoIP phone?   Or by hooked up to the router do you mean phone port of the gateway modem with a regular phone?  If you mean the latter get a DSL filter and put it between the phone and modem, there could be something wrong internally with the modem. You may need a new modem, but this should fix you up until you convince them you do. 

EDIT: When you tell me "plugged into the router" to me that means a true IP phone plugged into an Ethernet port.  

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support