Explore & discover

Helpful Links

User Busy

User Busy

I live in Asheville, NC and call my 98 year old aunt on her landline in Knoxville, TN daily around 8:30 pm. Sometimes I will call and it will put me to a busy signal and on the screen of my phone say User Busy. I will try for hours and it will continue to say that. Even if I use my cell, my husbands cell or our landline it will say that. And she IS NOT on the phone. She is actually sitting there waiting on me to call her! Why would this be happening? It doesn't happen all the time but does happen about once a week or so. It is very frustrating for both of us. Can someone please help? 

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Master

Re: User Busy

Well if she's like my 97 year old mother, she pushed the phone button on her phone and doesn't know she's done it.  It could be a line problem, but unless someone goes over to her place and checks her phone you'll never know. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7

She isn't your normal older person. She is pretty savvy about the phone. And if so why would it work one day and not the next? But thank you for trying. 

Message 3 of 7
ACE - Master

Why it work one day and not the next is because whatever is causing this condition, human error or a line problem, is no longer there.  Like I said there's only one way you'll know for sure.  My mom's pretty savvy also, but she makes mistakes. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7

I am the only person this happens with. I was hoping for a good answer. Guess it is still a mystery. But thank you.

Message 5 of 7
ACE - Master

You stated it happed with three different phones and a couple different services, landline and cell, so I don't see how it can be just you.  Have you had another relative try it to see if they can get through when you're having problems?  Don't know what magic answer you're looking for but all I've suggested are basic trouble shooting steps to try to determine where the actual trouble may be.  If you don't want to try them than that's your choice. 

Message 6 of 7

No I haven't tried that. I will do that the next time it happens. I do appreciate the suggestions. Thank you. 

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support