For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
critson's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, October 1st, 2016 4:42 AM

Seriously Dissatisfied

I have been trying since September 3rd to get my landline activated by AT&T at our new house. 

When I first signed up for a bundle with Dish, phone and internet, I was told my installation date would be September 8th.  September 8th they hooked up the TV and told us internet and the landline would be hooked up on the 15th.  A week later, frustrating.

We then received an email saying it was changed to the 22nd between 11am and 1pm.  I called to see if it could be sooner because my mother is on Life Alert and it depends on having a landline.  The operator said no, but I could call every day to see if there's a sooner appointment.  I did that for a couple days. 

I received a confirmation email confirming my installation as September 22 between 11am and 1pm.

On September 22, my mother stayed home all day waiting for the technician who never showed, (I work full time).  She called me at 1:30 and told me he hadn't shown up.  I called AT&T and they said they didn't have a technician available but they would get one out to me by 5:00, in fact he "promised" me.  At 5:30 when I got home from work, my mother informed me that AGAIN no showed up.

I called AT&T and they said, there are outages in the area and there's no one available.  SERIOUSLY!!! YOU DON'T JUST "NOT" SHOW UP!!!!  How about a courtesy call?!  We waited 6 1/2 hours for YOUR technician.  Finally at 7:00 pm a technician called to see if we wanted him to come out.  UH, YES!!!   So at 7:00 he finally came out and hooked up our internet and a "temporary" phone number.

Since then, we have had numerous promises and telephone calls from AT&T to get our old phone number from COMCAST ported over to our new address.  Everytime they promise me a day and time and everytime they fail.  I don't understand what the issue is.  We had a date of September 26th, then September 28th, then September 30th.  Well guess what????  Its 9:00pm on September 30th and I still don't have my landline activated.  My new date is October 1st by 5pm.  At first it was that our account with Comcast had been deactivated, so I activated it.  Then it was that Comcast wouldn't release the number.  Then its call on this day and activate your number, then its call on this day and activate your number, then it was we need your Comcast account number, then its your Comcast account number was incorrect (not my fault, your operators) then its we need your Comcast account number again. 

Then you have the nerve to send me a bill?!!!!! 

I seriously think we've waited long enough.  I would like to see some sort of credit for our issues.  My mom is crying, she's 81 and she has to deal with your operators while I'm at work.  I've had to deal with your operators while I'm at work, using up my breaks and my lunch to try to rectify this situation and for some God-forsaken reason, we haven't switched back to Comcast!  I'm sure if you keep records, you'll see how many phone calls have been made between your operators and me.  Once I even had a 3-party call with you and Comcast.

Please make this right.  I believe I have 30 days to get out of my contract with you,  I don't want to go through all that, too.  PLEASE! If my mom falls while I'm at work, I won't know till I get home.  She actually fell on Thursday, but Thank God, my sister was visiting at the time.

Please fix this mess and make it right by us.   I truly hope you don't make us regret choosing AT&T.

Community Support

• 

231.5K Messages

8 years ago

Hi

We’ll need more details regarding your account and just sent you a private message via the community forums. Click here to reply back.

ATTU-verseCare

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.