Mimi2010's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, March 2nd, 2019 12:33 AM

Problem completing call to one particular cell phone from UVerse landline

I have recently started getting a busy tone when I call one particular LG cell phone from my Uverse landline.  If I call the number from my cell, the call goes through so I thought my number had accidentally gotten blocked but after the LG owner checked everything out, there is no block on my home #.  I have spent hours on the phone with ATT about this and have been given the run around so far.  They blame LG and LG blames ATT.  I can call other cell #s with no problem and the LG owner can call my landline with no problem.  My son thinks it has to be a faulty UVerse modem but I have no idea at this point.  Anyone else ever have this problem?  Any suggestions for a solution?  I have unplugged the modem and reset it but it didn't help.  My internet service is working and all of my other calls are okay.  I was able to call the LG # up until the last couple of weeks with no problem. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

5 years ago

Is this a normal busy signal or a fast busy?  Can anyone from your same area code and exchange call this cell number? If you call the cell number and change the last number does it go through or do you get a busy the same as if calling your friend? Try calling with a few different numbers, but keep the area code exchange and first two numbers of the number called the same.  So if your friend is 123-456-7890 keep the 123-456-78xx the same. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

5 years ago

If you can get through to another number by just changing the last digit the problem is on the cell phone end.  I know you said they checked to see if your number was blocked, but something on that end is giving you a busy.  I don't think it's your modem if you can call others with the same area code and exchange.  Try a couple more numbers around the phone number you're trying to call and if all go through it's not your end, I'd try several to be sure it's the other end.  Also have them turn their cell off for 5 minutes or so, so you can call it and see if it will go to voicemail.  I find it hard to believe that a phone service any phone service can't call one particular brand of phone or type of phone, not sure how that would come into play.  They'd have to convince me on that one, the logic isn't there. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

5 years ago

Sorry you couldn't get it figures out.  Just one more suggestion.  Blocking can be preformed through the carrier and with Android also through the phone, have your friend check both. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I get a normal busy signal not a fast one.  So far no one else has a problem with calls to the cell phone that gives me a busy.  I even had a friend who has Uverse call the number and her call went right through with no busy.   I did as you suggested and dialed the number but changed the very last digit and the call rang through - no busy signal.   The cell phone is the newest LG and she has it through AT&T.   AT&T told me that a problem had been identified with Uverse calls to LG cells and that LG had issued an update that corrected the problem but all updates have been done on the LG phone and the problem still exists.  Do you think it might be my modem?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for all of the info and help you have provided.  Even when the phone is turned off, I still get the busy signal and never reach voicemail at all.  I will try calling several other numbers around that number to see if the calls go through.  This is just such a strange thing because up until a couple of weeks ago, I could call with no problem.  I know you are probably thinking that my number must be blocked on that phone intentionally but I know for a fact that isn't the case.  Anyway, thanks for your help on this - at least I can still get through from my cell.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I don't know if she has checked to be sure the carrier has blocked the number but I will ask her to check with them.  She probably just checked her phone.  By the way, I did try several more calls to numbers that were close to the busy number and all calls rang through with no busy.

Thank you again for all the suggestions - I appreciate you taking the time to respond.  At least this isn't a critical problem with no work around.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.