Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Phone line down in yard

Phone line down in yard

An AT&T phone line has disconnected from the telephone pole and is laying in my yard.  We are no longer AT&T customers so I have no account to report this issue to.  The phone numbers on the AT&T website were not helpful.  I just want the line out of my yard.

Message 1 of 28
ACE - Master

Re: Phone line down in yard

From the link at the top of this topic.  Can also be found on the right side of this page under "Report Line or Pole Issues"

To report drooping wires or AT&T equipment left in a yard or on the street
Call 800.288.2020. This option is available 24 hours a day.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 28

We have the same issue. Att techs were at the neighbors today and dislodged a wire, then left!  Drooping wire that is neck high stretches across our backyard. It blocks our driveway in such a manner that we cannot pull out our cars.  45 minutes on the ATT customer service line and the best they can do is come out in two days. My wife has a hospital appointment tomorrow and next day, but we cannot get out of the garage!  I don’t know what to do  

Message 17 of 28
Contributor

ATT

Message 18 of 28
Tutor

I need help fixing a downed line in my yard. Have called and reported it 72h ago, was told someone would take care of it within 24h. Never happened. Now I am on hold for an ungodly amount of time, and since I have no account with AT&T I cannot reach a real person to take the active case number and act on it (NL14L798). Please help! Someone could easily trip over the line in my yard, making me liable for all sorts of idiocy because AT&T cannot/will not/does not take care of issues as promised. 

Message 19 of 28
Tutor

ATT, you need to FIX your automated phone system! You are stealing people's lives.  Why?  Put a real number for downed lines on your website. NOW!

Message 20 of 28
Tutor

Nope, that 800.288.2020 number only works if you are trying to trigger suicide.

Message 21 of 28
Contributor

this does not lead to a solution it just puts you in a communication loop with no support, disconnected calls, etc. there are old cables my neighbor disconnected that are hanging down in my yard

Message 22 of 28
Tutor

In my area (New Jersey) I found out Verizon was responsible for maintaining the lines.  They came out and fixed my drooping line.

Hope that helps.

Message 23 of 28
Tutor

i am currently having the same issue of a line down on my property. i called both numbers in your link, messaged att on Facebook, tried to find chat on the att website (not available), and even called my local att store.  So far, nothing!  I've been on hold for countless hours over the last 3 days and have been lied to, given the run-around or been disconnected.  For a communication service, they really don't want to communicate with anyone!  Meanwhile one of their lines is laying across my backyard.

Message 24 of 28
Contributor

I just tried this number.   It does ask for a phone number or account.  So I gave them a phone number.  Finally was connected to a person who first question was do I have any att services associated with the phone number I entered and I said no.   When he then asked for what the  problem was I indicated I had a down,exposed, unburied cable coming from the house to the poll, I was told I had to call Teleco at 

800-246-8464 but they don't work on Sundays so I had to wait.  When I asked if there was any danger in a downed wire (which media has basically trained us all to be aware of),  he acknowledged that their may be danger and understood the frustration of having to wait but Teleco is not open but to call on Monday and choose 8.

I canceled service with ATT primarily because of this type of customer service and this is totally UNACCEPTABLE  ATT and you wonder why people are disconnecting.

Message 25 of 28
ACE - Master

@sksankovich that is the regional trouble report number.  Calling the main number and asking for repair is suppose to get you to repair service 24/7.  Please let us know how the regional report number works for you.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 26 of 28
Teacher

I finally was able to get someone out and instead of repairing the cable I asked them to cut it down. It is 2018 and I am down with copper LOL but really it makes the house look nice with less stuff running to the pole -  (in SF's Sunset district all cables run aerial to poles) so I only have utility power and fiber left obstructing my sky now Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 28
Contributor

We've been dealing with this same issued over the last 6 months.  We have a fiber optic cable that was disconnected from our neighbors pole and fell across our yard.  Ice reported it twice (given work order no's) and both tech guys have visited and said that they will take care of it... Right... its still here... We've been with AT& since the merger with Bellsouth.  We are planning on calling our local commissioners office since they have been helpful in the past. 

Message 28 of 28
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support