For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
willsmith82's profile

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 18th, 2016 10:12 PM

Closed

Phone line down in yard

An AT&T phone line has disconnected from the telephone pole and is laying in my yard.  We are no longer AT&T customers so I have no account to report this issue to.  The phone numbers on the AT&T website were not helpful.  I just want the line out of my yard.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

this does not lead to a solution it just puts you in a communication loop with no support, disconnected calls, etc. there are old cables my neighbor disconnected that are hanging down in my yard

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

In my area (New Jersey) I found out Verizon was responsible for maintaining the lines.  They came out and fixed my drooping line.

Hope that helps.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

i am currently having the same issue of a line down on my property. i called both numbers in your link, messaged att on Facebook, tried to find chat on the att website (not available), and even called my local att store.  So far, nothing!  I've been on hold for countless hours over the last 3 days and have been lied to, given the run-around or been disconnected.  For a communication service, they really don't want to communicate with anyone!  Meanwhile one of their lines is laying across my backyard.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I just tried this number.   It does ask for a phone number or account.  So I gave them a phone number.  Finally was connected to a person who first question was do I have any att services associated with the phone number I entered and I said no.   When he then asked for what the  problem was I indicated I had a down,exposed, unburied cable coming from the house to the poll, I was told I had to call Teleco at 

800-246-8464 but they don't work on Sundays so I had to wait.  When I asked if there was any danger in a downed wire (which media has basically trained us all to be aware of),  he acknowledged that their may be danger and understood the frustration of having to wait but Teleco is not open but to call on Monday and choose 8.

I canceled service with ATT primarily because of this type of customer service and this is totally UNACCEPTABLE  ATT and you wonder why people are disconnecting.

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

5 years ago

@sksankovich that is the regional trouble report number.  Calling the main number and asking for repair is suppose to get you to repair service 24/7.  Please let us know how the regional report number works for you.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

5 years ago

I finally was able to get someone out and instead of repairing the cable I asked them to cut it down. It is 2018 and I am down with copper LOL but really it makes the house look nice with less stuff running to the pole -  (in SF's Sunset district all cables run aerial to poles) so I only have utility power and fiber left obstructing my sky now 🙂

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

We've been dealing with this same issued over the last 6 months.  We have a fiber optic cable that was disconnected from our neighbors pole and fell across our yard.  Ice reported it twice (given work order no's) and both tech guys have visited and said that they will take care of it... Right... its still here... We've been with AT& since the merger with Bellsouth.  We are planning on calling our local commissioners office since they have been helpful in the past. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

This is awful!We had a storm last week I reported downed phone lines .....was given a date of July 2nd for repairs to get them out of my yard.tonight the drooping lines are snapping...I see them coming down in neighbors yard and even pulling off siding 2 doors down from tention.Been trying for 2 hrs to report ...finally got a real live man who said I have to call in am during normal business hours ...so frustrating!!!!!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

The repair number on the web (800 288 2020) is usless if you do not have an AT&T landline account.  I spent over an hour finding a department that could help me.  If you have a downed line or other repair problem the number is (800 246 8464)

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

5 years ago

At the prompts using the 2020 number you say "line down" you don't need an AT&T account to report a line down, as the link in post 16 states.  The 8464 number provided by @icespur is a regional report number, so if you're not in the same region it may or may not work. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.