willsmith82's profile

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 18th, 2016 10:12 PM

Closed

Phone line down in yard

An AT&T phone line has disconnected from the telephone pole and is laying in my yard.  We are no longer AT&T customers so I have no account to report this issue to.  The phone numbers on the AT&T website were not helpful.  I just want the line out of my yard.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

230.7K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @willsmith82,

You do not need to be a ATT subscriber to notify us of exposed lines. You will find information here on how to have this addressed. 

-ATTU-verseCare 

(edited)

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Hi,

I've tried this number.   The automatic phone prompt keeps asking for an account number and when I finally get through to a person they give me the runaround and refer me to other people that are unable to help.  

This is not an acceptable solution.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

My name is Betty H  and I live at [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]. Some of your employee came out and dug a hole in my back yard about a year ago and never came back to cover it. Someone came out last week but it was not complete. Please have someone come out to complete this process immediately before someone get injury.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

7 years ago

Hello @bettyharrell223,

We saw your post and will be glad to help. Please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include:

• Name
  • Account number
  • Phone number and the best time to reach you

We will get back to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

The numbers provided are not helpful. I am also getting the run-around and can't find anyone to help.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

No,the line has a tree limb on top of it and is down but not exposed. We live in Douglasville Georgia 

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I NEED HELP WITH PHONE LINE DOWN IN MY DRIVEWAY. [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have an office in a business park. The phone line to my office is lying on the ground in front of the office for a length of about 100 feet. It is in the parking area. My next door office neighbor's phone line is sagging down into the sidewalk at neck level. It is a serious hazard to pedestrians using the sidewalk.

I reported this to ATT on Friday afternoon but as of today, nothing has changed. Trying to contact anyone via telephone was the most frustrating and time wasting thing I have done in years. When I finally reached someone who claimed to represent the repair people I told her that the sagging line across the sidewalk was a huge lawsuit waiting to happen but that obviously doesn't matter to them. This is Florida, home of the worst ambulance chasers in the world. I am considering calling one of them to have a "client" suddenly suffer a neck injury. Shame on you ATT, you represent  the worst of American corporate citizenship.

By the way, the address of the sagging wire is 3200 S Andrews, Fort Lauderdale 33316 on the East side of the complex. Be careful walking down the sidewalk or parking. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I am in the same situation.  THIS IS NOT A SOLUTION!  They just send you in circles.  The number is garbage.  I ended up at the same call center over and over.  

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Apparently calling 

and entering 0 helps IF you want it pulled back up.  

If you want it removed entirely, you need Customer Service (who just sent you to buried lines, who sent you to repairs, who sent you back to customer support, who sent me to tech support, who sent me to repairs again, who finally sent me somewhere that arranged an appointment for Wednesday from 8am-5pm..... this is no joke....).  I will be back to let you know if anyone ever came.

@KGWilliams123 wrote:

I am in the same situation.  THIS IS NOT A SOLUTION!  They just send you in circles.  The number is garbage.  I ended up at the same call center over and over.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.