Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Handset 2 (AT&T EL52251) shows "registration failed" after register

Handset 2 (AT&T EL52251) shows "registration failed" after register

I purchased a AT&T EL52251 with 2 handsets in 2013. They registered instantly. The handset's  screen shows: "1. Press find hs on base 4 sec 2. Then press # on Handset". When I do the register the handset shows: "registration failed". Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Master

Re: Handset 2 (AT&T EL52251) shows "registration failed" after register

You'll probably have to go online and get the manual and deregister all handsets from the base than reregister both. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6

Thanks. The manual has not that info. I revised it

Message 3 of 6
ACE - Master

There are procedures for resetting.  Unplug the base, remove the batteries from handsets, wait several minutes (give it 10 min or so) for any residual power to bleed off, than plug everything back in wait for the registration to complete and see if that fixes it.  If not you may have a bad handset or base unit. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6
Contributor

Just wondering, the EL52251 comes with two handsets, can a third one be added?  Thanks

Message 5 of 6
ACE - Master

If it doesn't say so in the manual than no. 

Model number: EL52201/EL52251 (two-handset system) EL52301/EL52351 (three-handset system) EL52401 (four-handset system) EL52501 (five-handset system)

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support