Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Driveway enlargement encroachment

Contributor

Driveway enlargement encroachment

I need to widen my driveway and there are 3 different utility boxes in small, medium, and large sizes, in the way. How can I have at least one of them moved a couple feet away? Who do I need to contact? Im in palm beach county in Florida 

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Professor

Re: Driveway enlargement encroachment

Depends on who owns the utility boxes you're talking about.  Three that belong to one company or three that belong to more than one company.  For AT&T use the link on the right titled Report Line or Pole Issues.  If they are in a utility easement you may have a problem getting them moved. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Thank you very much for your input.
All 4 boxes are At&T.
I called At&T early this morning and was given a number for "Repair svcs".
I explained my problem and they are sending a technician -free of charge-sometime tomorrow to assess the situation. So I'll see what they can do, tomorrow. At least I have a point of reference to start.
Message 3 of 5
ACE - Professor

Please let us know how this goes for you.  Your input could help others. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

Update: Unfortunately there was no happy ending. The technician came over and was fuzzy to explain the situation. said i just was unlucky to have been selected for 4 different utility boxes in my front yard bc that part is At&t property. To move them i would have to pay thousands (first he said $10T but later he changed it to $3T. He said i could call 811 to get someone to locate the underground cables (that's a free service), but wasn't clear if i would actually achieve anything by doing that. In summary, he tried hard to discourage me from going ahead with the job, and he succeeded.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support