Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Spam security calls from AT&T support number 1-800-288-2020

Contributor

Spam security calls from AT&T support number 1-800-288-2020

I'm an AT&T customer in the US. I have been getting spammed calls on my landline phone from the AT&T support number 1-800-288-2020 about some internet security problem. There is always the same robot message left on the machine. The call sounds really fake but it is from the real support number. Is it actually AT&T trying to contact me four times every day or just a spoofed number trying to scam? It really added to the confusion when I called the number directly and got to talk with a robot that sounds like it's phishing for my information.

Message 1 of 18
Contributor

Re: Spam security calls from AT&T support number 1-800-288-2020

I got a text from 1 800 288 2020 Saying:  At & T free msg:  A credit in the amount of $2.00 was applied to your acct in the last 3 days.  To stop these msgs call 800 288 2020 and say "billing"  FYI:  I do not have AT & T for my provider....this is a scam....please do not call or answer in text

Message 16 of 18
Contributor

Beware! They are now going door to door wearing bright yellow/green outfits with AT&T badges trying to get you to sign up for AT&T fiber cable TV and internet service and if you give them the info they are looking for you'll get emails that look like they are from AT&T confirming your installation date, etc., but they are really after your personal info. Only found this out after not being able to cancel because the calls were always met by busy signals, and the reps personal number is fake too! Now I've got some security issues to attend...

Message 17 of 18
Contributor

Adding to this, their call back number was 800-288-2020-- that's what made me to look this up.

Message 18 of 18
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support