carniv4's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, July 9th, 2017 2:22 AM

Landline phone - I want to turn OFF my caller ID block.

I have a landline AT&T phone that has caller ID block turned on (so if I call someone, they can't see my number).   I want that turned off now so that everyone can see my number.  How can I do this?  I've googled and all the AT&T help pages are useless and talk about other stuff like individual codes per call.  Cannot find a single answer.

Anyone know how to turn block off completely?  Trying to get ahold of a live AT&T rep is basically impossible, too.  Thanks. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

7 years ago

If you have U-verse (you still haven't said) The "useless AT&T link" I referred you to clearly states, under the outgoing call features, caller ID blocking 

to activate and deactivate online in the phone portal.

If you have a POTS line you have to call AT&T as was previously stated

The only numbers I can provide would be another link and we know how you feel about them. 

Please remember we are customers just like you trying to help others. 

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

7 years ago

You don't say if U-verse or POTS, but on the right hand side of the page are links to features of both services that tell you how to activate and deactivate them.  U-verse you have to do using the online options for your phone features.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for the reply, but relaying me to more useless AT&T links n the right-side that don't answer my question is just frustrating.  Anyone else out there just able to answer my question directly?  How to turn off caller ID completely, so my number is no longer blocked?  How can this be so complicated?  argh!!

• 

1 Message

I have an AT&T landline through my U verse account which means it's through my internet connection (digital). You have to hit *67, the number you want to call, then hit #. This blocks your number from being seen to the party you're calling. Test it out by calling your own cell phone (or any number you can verify it through). It works. Hope this helps even though this post is 3 years old.

Guru

• 

464 Messages

7 years ago

Hard to answer your question if you do not provide enough details. However if you have a traditional landline and all of your calls to others are blocked from them seeing the number (not the default), then you have to unblock them the same way you or someone else blocked them. You have to call AT&T. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you.  I agree, but every phone number I call for AT&T is an endless maze trying to reach a live person.  I've looked online to find out how to get a real person to answer - hit "O" and such, but it never works.  An endless maze of nonsense and no one ever answers.   They finally just disconnect.   Geesh.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks spoom and Tret:

Sorry if I was taking out my frustration on you folks last night when you were just trying to help. Sorry about that.

I am POTS and I assume that I couldn't get an operator at AT&T because they are only available M-F.  So I'll be calling tomorrow so they can make the switch.  🙂  

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

7 years ago

This is the link to the phone numbers for POTS landline services. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

* 80 turns OFF call Blocking. Here is a link showing all you can do with the *Star Codes*

https://www.att.com/support/article/local-long-distance/KM1049465

(edited)

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Again, I have deactivated call block, but my phone still shows all incoming calls BLOCKED CALLER.

I want to be able to see the numbers of incoming calls.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

What is a POTS Phone?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.