For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
marlenedz's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Sunday, June 4th, 2017 12:25 AM

Have dial tone and can receive calls but can't call out

I have a ATT landline service. I have both a cordless phones as well as one old fashioned corded phone. Neither work . I get a dialtone but after punching in the numbers, nothing happens. I can receive calls. I looked thru their videos but there was no suggestion on this problem. 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

If the DEMARC is the box where the line comes into the house where I can unplug the cord and plug a corded phone in there, yes I can call out there.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

I love you!! Thank you soooooooooo much. I can dial out. 

I pulled out the 3 filters and unplugged the main cordless unit and the corded phone works fine in all jacks.

The cordless phone now works as well. I believe I may have had a power outage a few days ago as the garage door goes up really sloooow the first time after an outage even though the clocks are not flashing.  The cordless phone and router is in a surge protector and the house has a whole house protector as well, Maybe that had something to do with it.  Weird that my DSL was not affected and I could receive calls and get a dial tone.

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

7 years ago

Glad you got it going.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

still cannot dial out would like to talk to a real person about this problem. We need this phone for emergencies.

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

6 years ago

@vckpaulsen:You're tagging onto an old thread.  You say it still doesn't work, what have you tried and what service are you using?  If you want to talk to repair service you'll have to call as this is a customer to customer help forum.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I do not have anything plugged in. I have Direct tv, internet and a landline no phone connected to it and wireless all 28th AT&T

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I tried calling but just shows connecting and never connects. I can receive calls. Can you have them call me?

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

6 years ago

I'm a customer just like you, I can't have anyone call you.  Have you tried chat? I'm not really understanding your problem or the service you're having trouble with. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I can't call out but I can't receive calls and I have a dial tone

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I can't call out but I can receive calls and I have a dial tone

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.