KayleeS's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, March 7th, 2016 2:25 AM

Cancelling UVerse Voice

My husband and I would like to cancel out UVerse Voice but still keep the UVerse Internet we have. Is this possible? Also, we received the Internet and home phone service as a package deal with Direct TV. If we cancel out home phone, will it effect any of the other services? Thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

Yes, it will cause you to pay the ETF as you are breaking your package up by dropping Uvoice.

If you want to get another phone system, do it b4 cancelling Uvoice, your current # will not be available if you do. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Thinking of changing to another service because this is getting to expensive for me and my internet get loses signal some times

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

FWIW, I was able to drop the U-verse phone service from my U-verse bundle and I did not have to pay any early termination fees nor did I lose the 'bundled' discounts previously setup on Internet and TV… that said, YMMV.

Read the terms and conditions of your agreement, understand the loopholes allowing you to get out from under any long-term agreements… Another tip, if you speak with customer support and you immediately dislike the attitude/voice/personality of the representative who answers your call, hang up immediately and call back. In my experience, working both for customer service and dealing with customer service, 80% of your outcome depends on the representatives you speak with; how their day's going; how their life's going; and how well you able to positively affect their day with kind words, and empathetic year, and—most of all—your ability to make them laugh. Make someone laugh and get them on you side…

TL/DR: You won't pay fees if you've got moxie.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Over the phone help are just liars....I did try the same drop voice service.Employee tell me I will have only Internet service...it never happen ATT still charge me 25 dollars ...just imagine 100.000 people on same situation is 2.500.000 dollars on ATT packets for free. I was surfing my account for hours there is no real option to downgrade the service online. And the "help" tab is just a joke. Will cancel service, same happen with my ATT cellular service, just a waste of money. Since I switch to Metro I saved thousands of dollars.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I have tried for two years to cancel U-verse voice, a service I DID NOT WANT in the first place but was told but the technician came with the U-verse Internet that I did order. Being new to AT&T I did not know any better and took him at his word. When I moved I mentioned to a co-worker who also had AT&T what a waste it was to have home phone service I never use and he mentioned getting rid of it. I said I was told it came with the internet and he said "NO IT DOES NOT!"

I have spent countless hours, spoken to far too many people to count trying to suspend this service and being told it has been taken care of only to find out I am still paying for it. Spending money for a service I don't even have a phone hooked up to and did not want is ludicrous and it looks like my only solution is to have both U-verse internet AND U-verse voice disconnected or is that not allowed with AT&T? Or is it once a customer of AT&T you are forced to ALWAYS be a customer even pay for what you don't want? Just curious because after two years of dealing with this I starting to think so.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.