Simpleaim's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Friday, December 9th, 2016 8:40 PM

Call Ends After 7 or So Rings

Today I was trying to call into a national radio show. Literally thousands of people try to get in. After spending hours of busy signals I finally got a ring...only to have my call disconnected after 7 or so rings with a message that said "Your party is not answering....please try again....this call will now be disconnected.." What is this? I just spend the last few minutes or so trying to explain this to the chat support and they could not understand what I was saying. "Rose" was clueless.

Any thoughts?

Ken

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

7 years ago

That's an intercept message from the receiving switch, there's lots of reasons for the message including call congestion, which sounds like may have been what you hit. 

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

It sounds like the way the radio station is set up. The receiving phone controls how long it takes to give up on a call

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

Nope. That's not it. It's the Rush Limbaugh show and they say to let it keep ringing.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you. I can accept that but why wouldn't ATT CS know that? They kept telling me it was my voicemail settings.

Thank you

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

7 years ago

"I can accept that but why wouldn't ATT CS know that? "

To answer that would just be opinion and mine is because they aren't techs, they are clerks mostly reading from a script. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.