For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
BudKor2's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Saturday, August 24th, 2019 8:34 PM

800 numbers with voicemail left in CHINESE

For the past tow weeks almost on a daily basis I have been receiving calls from 800-xxx-xxxx, I don't answer now, but did on the first one and it was a CHINESE recording, now I don't answer ANY 800 numbers but the all leave a VOICE mail in CHINESE. This is a U-VERSE landline, I keep blocking but the numbers change.....never the same...how in the XXX do I stop receiving CHINESE calls?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

5 years ago

If they keep changing the number you can't, plus you can't block toll free numbers.  Help is suppose to be coming, see the articles in this topic

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

I was able to block all 800 numbers. I will keep all those numbers blocked until AT&T can come up a with a good answer. I was able to block on my Panasonic land line phone by setting the Block option to block ALL 800 are type number. Today (26 Aug) I received two calls and both were blocked. So for any else that need to block please don't accept AT&T's first answer, they may always be right...

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

5 years ago

You didn't say you were using a third party blocking device, I assumed you were talking phone company blocking.  Many third party devices claim to block thousands of calls and other calls the phone company's can't.  That's because you are the one doing the blocking so you're no held to the same rules and standards the phone companies are. 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

You only said I could not block 800 numbers, not using a third party
device..just a normal Panasonic telephone that has the capability to block
up to 200 numbers and any combition of numbers built in. So your response
should have been more complete.

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I used google translator on one of my Chinese voice calls and this was the message:

at&t Chinese Police department suspension of service notice due to the appearance of your number in violation of the rules. Today, the communication service inquiry period will be stopped. Please press 1 to transfer ring and manual customer service.

I have no idea what that means as I have Verizon service on the line it keeps ringing in to, although AT&T is my internet provider.

Weird. And they don't appear as 800# on my ph, come in same time every morning from all over the eastern USA

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.