Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
MikeT1954's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, December 23rd, 2013 5:29 PM

refund question

I need to know who to contact to get a refund. My wife and I were using the AT&T pay as you go monthly plan for the past 4 years or so. Last week we got new phones and switched over to another carrier. Between our 2 accounts over the years there was a balance of over $100.00. The day after we switched I tried to sign on to our accounts to see about having the money refunded and found that the accounts had been closed. I then called customer service and explained the situation. I was told by the rep that the accounts were closed and no longer accessible. I asked about the money and was told that there was no way to verify that it was there. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told the same thing. I asked the supervisor who I could contact above her and was told that there was nobody else I could talk to.

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard! It's not like the money just disappeared when I close the account! I have printouts I made the day before that show the balance, there must be some way that someone can access it and give me a refund. I have searched high and low on the AT&T site for someone to email or snail mail with no luck. I'm hoping someone on this forum can give me some idea of how to proceed.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hi there!

Sorry to hear you switched to another carrier! 

However since the go monthly plan is a prepaid plan, I believe it is non refundable. The only exeption would be if you had switched over to a postpaid plan from prepaid. It would have then been transferred over as a bill credit.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello MikeT1954,

Evandela is correct, unfortunately prepaid balance non-refundable. Terms of Service can be found here.

"TERMINATION: Either party may terminate this Agreement (which will terminate the provision of GoPhone services) at any time on advance notice to the other party. Funds deposited into your account via any method will not be refunded."

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.