Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
cmarie57's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, July 2nd, 2014 3:46 PM

no service?

I have had a Go Phone plan for 10 plus years with no problems until recently.  The problem seems to be at our home and nearby area, cell phone shows bars but can't make calls or send/receive texts and no data.  Texts show failed and calls show dialing but nothing happens.  After I try phone shows no signal/searching. Signal has gotten worse the past year or so but this is discouraging.  My husband and I both have gophones and are having same problem.  Called the 1-800, told us it was that the towers in area are running on reduced power?? should be better in 2-3 days.  We have been without cell service at home for almost a week.  My husbands number is for his business and not having service while at home is unacceptable! Can someone tell me if this will get resolved or is it time to find a new cell provider??  Oh we live in the 80809 zip

Employee

• 

156 Messages

10 years ago

It is most likely they are working on a tower in your area, so the info you got from customer care was correct. There are a few things you can try in the mean time that might help. Depending on how long you've had your current SIM card it maybe time to update that. I've seen a lot of the older ones that have needed updated recently in my area to match network updates. They can give you a new SIM card for free at any company owned att store. Hopefully that does the trick and improves things for you!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you for responding. I hope things resolve soon too, our current plans work perfectly for us. We are snowbirds and travel a lot and it has always worked out for us.  I have had this sim card a very long time, so I will go in and get a new one.   I upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S a few years ago but never thought about getting a new sim.  I still have my original Cingular one (at least 10 or more years old),  I was wondering if I should!  It works just perfect when I get out of my neighborhood, tested it today.  My husbands sim however isnt very old.  He still has his favorite "old school" flip phone, with a basic talk/text plan, no data. But not having cell service at home will be a deal breaker if it isn't resolved soon!! 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Just to update....I went to one of the AT&T stores here in Co Spgs and had a great experience.  I was taken care of by Erin and she was awesome!  She put new sim cards in my phone and my husbands phone and looked into the problem with signal.  There is indeed a tower being worked on affecting our service and hopefully it will be resolved on July 8.  If it isn't she has given me options of how to proceed.  Kudos to Erin at the Cheyenne Mountain Blvd AT&T store in Co Spgs, great customer service!  

Employee

• 

156 Messages

10 years ago

Awesome! Glad to hear erin took care of you! Hopefully they get the tower up and running but it's good to hear you had a good experience at the store!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Well, I was hopefully, but still no cell service at our home. It will be 2 weeks soon.  Called again today, was told maybe another 2-3 days (hmm sounds familiar) and there is a technician working on the tower.  It is running on reduced capacity, I guess reduced capacity of the poor signal to begin with equals ZERO!!  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.