Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
screamzack's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, November 5th, 2011 10:02 PM

new gophone customer

i just received my phone yesterday and i bought a $25 card to put on my phone.

so i activated the card only to find out i can only add the $50 card to my phone. so even though the card was activated i receive no service for it. i cant talk or text on my phone.

now i am pretty sure this is illegal, selling me a service that doesnt work. i tried to get this resolved by returning the card at the store and calling an at&t representative (which is a lot harder than it seems, takes a while to actually find a real person to talk to.) neither were successful.

im hoping to get something settled by monday. if not, ill have to call the police as i feel ive been robbed.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

It sounds to me that you chose the $50 Unlimited Talk, Text, & Web plan. Since you already have $25 in your account, you will need to add another $25 to get the service to work. Under your plan, $25 will not cut it because your plan requires double that amount to operate.

If you add another $25, you will be able to take advantage of your service.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

12 years ago

Something isn't right in what you were told by customer service - it sounds like you finally spoke with someone? There are no phones that require that you add $50 to obtain service. You can add the $25/month plan and get 250 minutes with unlimited messaging. Or you can add $25 in funds to your account and buy the $50/month plan that includes unlimited web if you aren't using a smartphone.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

wow. i didnt know that. i actually asked the at&t representative if i was "screwed out" of buying that $25 card, he responded, "yes, pretty much."

thanks a lot. i guess i was just mislead. ill try this out.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

12 years ago

I don't know why the at&t rep would have said that. I believe the least expensive refill you can buy is $15; but even that will buy you service on a pay per use basis (by the minute or the day).

Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

12 years ago

Screamzack, you may be okay. There's usually safeguards to prevent anyone from buying a package that costs more than the money you already put in. Go online to verify that your plan is correct. Then add $25 as Wild Banchi suggested.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

You're welcome. Good luck.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

12 years ago

@ilikewireless wrote:
Screamzack, you may be okay. There's usually safeguards to prevent anyone from buying a package that costs more than the money you already put in. Go online to verify that your plan is correct. Then add $25 as Wild Banchi suggested.

I could be mistaken, but it doesn't sound like the OP wants the $50/month plan.  It sounds to me like they want the $25/month talk and text, yet they were told by store personnel that with that particular phone they couldn't use anything less than the $50/month "all you can eat for feature phones" plan.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

@hme83

i wanted the $50 a month plan and its the plan i have. 

im just new to the whole gophone thing, i didnt know that the $25 service wouldnt work. and i didnt have $50 on me at the time. (yes, im poor. lol) so i bought the $25 dollar card thinking it would work until i got paid.

the issue came up when i was mislead to believe i had to spend an additional $50 to buy the appropriate card for my plan, making the total cost $75.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

12 years ago

Great. 🙂 Sorry for the misunderstanding on my part. Since you didn't mention a desire to use data, I thought it was the less expensive plan you were after. And it should work just fine with your phone, but you would have to select it (or one of the PPU type plans) in order to change from the $50/month plan once you've selected it.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

I am glad to hear that your issue was solved. No more worrying about feeling cheated. 🙂
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.