Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
italianairborne's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, April 23rd, 2018 3:22 PM

i am a foreiner and I need some help

good afternoon all of you.

I have a pre payed phone , but I use it only when I am in Miami beach ( Fl) in august ( I live in Italy).

do I MUST re charge it avery month ( even if I dont use it because I am in Italy ) or it is enought that I re charge it some days before my arriving in USA???

If i dont recharge it for some months , I will loose the numeber??

thank you for your kind enswer and a big hug

ciao

paolo from Milano

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

561 Messages

6 years ago

When you pick up your sim and activate it, you will pick a plan and pay for that.  If you are only staying for a short period, do not pick the auto pay / renewal of the plan, that way the plan will expire at the end of the 30 days.  That number will remain available for your renewal for 60 days.  If you do not want to keep the number, you do nothing as long as you are not on auto pay.  If you want to keep your number, when you leave, you can change your plan over to a pay as you go plan, either the 25 cent per minute or $2 per day plan.  At that point you need to add $100 to your account all at one time and that will keep the account active for a year.  If you happen to return within the year, you can then switch over and select a plan and remember to switch back out when you leave.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.