Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
txdogmom's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, September 19th, 2011 9:43 PM

from contract to prepaid?

Hey all..

I have been thru contracts before..so,if I wanted to use a GoPhone while on contract,no workie,right?...unless I want to pay that lump sum to cancel?? i am not sure if that is exact,so thought I would ask the young wizards here..Smiley Happy

thx lots..peace...

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

@txdogmom wrote:

Thank you for the info...right now,I am on contract...however,I did have a GoPhone prior to,since I dont use it a lot..(old,ya know:) But, I so wanted the android,i just went to contract,instead of buying phone outright...so,no,I dont think there is a sim in my old GoPhone,but I would want to use my new phone,,I do love it...

Does that explain it any better...??? Sorry for the delay in responding,and thx again...:)

Yes, you can use your Android phone on prepaid. You would just need a prepaid SIM instead of a post paid one. This is coming from a fellow Android GoPhone user myself. 🙂

And you're welcome.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

13 years ago

Hi there!

Do you mean can you use the SIM card on a Go phone? If so, you are definitely able place your SIM card in the Go Phone and use it as normal! 😉

~ Evandela ~

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

@Evandela wrote:

Hi there!

Do you mean can you use the SIM card on a Go phone? If so, you are definitely able place your SIM card in the Go Phone and use it as normal! 😉

~ Evandela ~

That's how I interpreted it as well.

Yes, you may use a GoPhone on a post paid plan if you'd like. Unless you're wanting to do something else we did not understand?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

Thank you for the info...right now,I am on contract...however,I did have a GoPhone prior to,since I dont use it a lot..(old,ya know:) But, I so wanted the android,i just went to contract,instead of buying phone outright...so,no,I dont think there is a sim in my old GoPhone,but I would want to use my new phone,,I do love it...

Does that explain it any better...??? Sorry for the delay in responding,and thx again...:)

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

Thx again..I was gonna say about the GoPhone...BUT,mI already said I wanna keep the new,cooll android..thanx again..:>) appreciate it...

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

of course I meant I'm...:(

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks!! once again..So,I guess i would have to pay the penalty to cancel contract..:(.???.that won't be great,but in the longrun,would still save a ton of $$$$...

Guess I will go visit the att store..good guy is the mgr..& see what he says...& still keep my HTC Status Android,,.yay! love that phone,for sure..

Happy weekend to u..fredflash.jpg

1 Attachment

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

@txdogmom wrote:

Thanks!! once again..So,I guess i would have to pay the penalty to cancel contract..:(.???.that won't be great,but in the longrun,would still save a ton of $$$$...

Guess I will go visit the att store..good guy is the mgr..& see what he says...& still keep my HTC Status Android,,.yay! love that phone,for sure..

Happy weekend to u..fredflash.jpg

Yes, you would have to pay the ETF to cancel your contract and move to prepaid service. I would recommend paying your ETF at the end of your billing cycle, but you can choose when you'd like to.

You're welcome (again). 😉 Have a good weekend, too!

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

What if you don't owe anything on the phone - you just want to switch from a regular plan to a prepaid plan.  Can you do that online?   

And, I don't have the phone in my possession now - I bought it for my son who has it in another city.  I just want to put him on a cheaper, prepaid plan since I'm paying for it and the phone is in my name.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

6 years ago

well there are no more contracts like there were when this was posted 7 years ago, but you can swap sim cards prepiad into postpaid and postpaid into prepaid all you want

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.