Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
yami2003's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Tuesday, January 3rd, 2017 6:32 AM

cancelation and unlock

I want to check that my GoPhone account is successfully canceled and know how to unlock the device as a non-customer. I need to activate my phone in my country now but I cant because the device is still locked. The number that I used has already expired and someone uses it now, so I couldn't unlock my device though I tried it as a non-customer. What should I do now?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@yami2003 FYI, if you didn't pay for your GoPhone plan for at least 6 months, they won't unlock the phone.

(You shouldn't need your old number to unlock as a non-customer).

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock

There's an option for no-longer-a-customer, make sure you choose that.  

Once you submit, keep an eye out, you'll get a confirmation email very quickly, and you must click on it to confirm the request.
If you haven't heard in 48 hours after confirmation, try chat, it's a great way to be able to paste in your IMEI and unlock status code.

Keep in mind, if your phone hasn't met it's use-time as per the AT&T contract (typically 6 months for GoPhones), then you won't be able to unlock it.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I had my phone for a year, bought a new i phone and they still won't unlock my old phone... I'm getting really mad

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

Actually I once got a mail but I didnt make it on time, so now I try again from the very beginning. I choose the option for the non-customer but it kept saying "Unfortunately, your unlock request was denied because:Your device is currently active on another AT&T customer’s account." My phone had expired in 12.23.2016, so IDK what is the problem.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@yami2003 wrote:

My phone had expired in 12.23.2016, so IDK what is the problem.

What do you mean "expired"?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

Sorry I misunderstood your first answer now I get it. I mean my GoPhone plan ended in 12.23.2016. Thank your for your help

Scholar

• 

312 Messages

7 years ago

listen to  garylapointe there OP he's right i'm on my 6th month and have 200 bucks on my acct and they still won't unlock my phone there gonna make me wait until the 19th of this month before they will give me the unlock code ??? in this case i would have no problems giving the unlock code out to the customer and skating away with 200 bucks. but no AT&T is run by moronic i-d-i-o-t-s. they lost a customer for life as i have canceled all of my service with att after this fiasco.

you doen't need att to give you an unlock code you can buy them online. you'll just need the non accepted sim from the new carrier to put in your phone and then it will ask you to put in the unlock code...

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

@Mellybellyz28 wrote:
I had my phone for a year, bought a new i phone and they still won't unlock my old phone... I'm getting really mad

You have to unlock as a non customer.  If you get a denial, it matters, please save that and post it.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

I used it for 4 months so if I pay all for the last 2 months at once, will it work?

Associated Member

• 

111 Messages

7 years ago

Hi yami2003,

Re: cancelation and unlock

[ New ]

I used it for 4 months so if I pay all for the last 2 months at once, will it work?

I understand the fact that there is something going on with the account that might be the reason why you wanted to cancel and unlock the phone. But to answer the question about you making a payment for 2 months in advance will not allow you to unlock the phone. Still terms and conditions apply for unlocking a device. Hope this will provide you clarification about your issue.

Regards,

ELROY

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.