Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
cantput's profile

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

Monday, October 15th, 2012 6:21 PM

auto vs manual reloading of call time

my account shows that my $25 monthly plan "account balance expiration date" 90 days from the renual date

on another line it shows my "rate plan expiration date" 30 days from the renual

if I turn off the auto-reload feature can I wait longer than 30 days - ie 2mos or until my minutes get low - to reload my minutes and get more time out of my $25 plan

I rarely use over 100 minutes/month

thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

11 years ago

@cantput wrote:

thank you for your response, but my question is "if I turn off the auto-reload feature can I wait longer than 30 days - ie 2mos or until my minutes get low - to reload my minutes and get more time out of my $25 plan" since I signed up for a $25/250min/90days plan

I have a credit card on file - do I need to just turn off auto-reload and see what happens or is there an answer to my question??

tia.

Unfortunately, the $25 monthly plan is good for 30 days, not 90 days. But the $25 refill is good for 90 days or until the money runs out in your gophone account, whichever comes first. The 30 day limit for the $25 monthly plan is fixed and no matter how you refill, it still is good for 30 days only. It does not depend on credit, cash or whether you autoload or auto renew.

To stretch your refill amount of "$25/250 minutes" to more than 30 days or whenever the money runs out, you must be on the $0.10 a minute plan. 

But the advantage of the $25 monthly plan may outweigh the 30 day limit imposed on it. Better check your plan online to find out if you really have the $25 monthly plan set up correctly. 

Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

11 years ago

@cantput wrote:

my account shows that my $25 monthly plan "account balance expiration date" 90 days from the renual date

on another line it shows my "rate plan expiration date" 30 days from the renual

if I turn off the auto-reload feature can I wait longer than 30 days - ie 2mos or until my minutes get low - to reload my minutes and get more time out of my $25 plan

I rarely use over 100 minutes/month

thanks

If you don't use data, you can switch to 10 cents a minute plan. The $25 monthly plan is good for 30 days only.

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

11 years ago

thank you for your response, but my question is "if I turn off the auto-reload feature can I wait longer than 30 days - ie 2mos or until my minutes get low - to reload my minutes and get more time out of my $25 plan" since I signed up for a $25/250min/90days plan

I have a credit card on file - do I need to just turn off auto-reload and see what happens or is there an answer to my question??

tia.

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

11 years ago

thank you for the clarification

I thought when I selected the plan it said it was for 90days

I like the $25 plan and the auto-refill and it is working for us and saving us alot of money as is - just thinking I might squeze more out of it...

Im hoping my data plan will carry over as some say it will - bought $25 worth and use is minimal so changed to $5 plan - will see...

thanks again for all the help

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.