Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
EssE915's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, September 18th, 2012 6:07 AM

Why hasn't my rate plan renewed yet?

So, I got a text message from At&t on the 16th telling me that my account would renew on the 17th.  I thought it was supposed to be the 18th, so I hadn't put the money in my account yet, and wasn't able to do it until the 17th, so I assumed they would shut my phone off at midnight, on the 17th.  But, they didn't.  Then got the same text from At&t again on the 17th. So, I thought they must have meant it would refill at the end of the day on the 17th. I use the $25 a month plan. Got the 25 bucks put on the account so it was all set, but it is now 1 am on the 18th, and it still hasn't renewed.  I have been out of minutes on my phone for like 5 days now, so really need it to refill.  I am still able to text, of course, because it's unlimited, but really need to make some important phone calls.  Why isn't it renewing??  I can see on my account summary page that I have a main balance of $25.  But, I can't seem to find anywhere to make it refill on my own or anything.  Last month it did it on it's own.... why not this month?  Only my third month with At&t and have been frustrated at least once each month about something so far.  lol   Anyone point me in the right direction here?  I can't even call At&t to ask about it, because if I make a phone call, that will leave my balance below the 25 I need in there so it can refill.  Does it cost me to use the 611 or whatever from my phone?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

12 years ago

611 calls are free. Renewal time is midnight Central Time on the expiration date.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

12 years ago

You're welcome 😄

A side note: If you had 10 dollars account balance at all times, you could still make phone calls even when you run out of 250 minutes. They charge you 10¢ a minute.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

So, if my renewal date was the 17th, then it would have renewed at midnight, the morning of the 17th, right??  So, if there was no money in my account at that time, why wouldn't they have just turned off service completely?  It all still says active on my account summary page.  Just a really strange system compared to other monthly prepaid services I have used.  I guess I will call them in the morning, if you are sure it won't charge me and make my account go under what I need.  I believe ya.....    

Thanks for your help!

Wait a sec.... if I dial 611, will I even get to talk to a real person?  Have read all over the place how there is no live support for prepaid accounts, which to me sounds like total crap!!  Pretty sure an automated system isn't gonna be able to answer my question here.  Lol

Well..... guess I will find out in a few hours.  Ugh.... how frustrating.  lol   Thanks again though!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

aha..... nevermind.  Hadn't checked the account again since about 2 am..... not even before reading your post earlier.  I'm sorry.  It finally did renew at some point tonite.  But, I am on central time..... and it definitely wasn't at midnight.  lol  Oh well.  Just glad it's all better now.  Had me worried.  Thanks so much.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Well I am on the east coast & if it supposedly renews on central time, then why at 3am on the 19th I still have $60 on my balance? On Oct 21st, 2016, I switched phones, kept my # & used my old phone to set-up my gf with an account. Loved that I could do it all with one rep & it was just after 12am eastcoast time, but the rep took the $60 on both lines. But can't take it that early all these other months? Do I or should I call every expuration/renewal date? Ridiculous

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

For me, it is past my expiration date and I put the prepaid card on my account the day it expired, a total of $55 at the moment and it still has not texted me that it was renewed

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I added money to my account already, it renews the 28th of this month, I'm already outa data, I would like to go ahead and just renew it & start next month on the 26th. How do I go and renew my plan for the next month, I can' figure out how and I've googled a million times, wording it different each time & I can't find anything that will tell me how to do it, please HELP ! Lol 

• 

1 Message

I don't think you actually can renew it Early and if you can im betting the only way is a support agent at 611
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.