Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
kbg123's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, January 31st, 2017 7:23 PM

What will happen if I am late with my monthly AT&T PREPAID payment?

Will my phone be shut off until I can make the monthly payment?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

That's right, your service is shut off until you refill your account. There are no late fees or penalties, however, if you don't refill within 60 days your account is closed and your number is gone.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Is this 60 days from the day I last refilled or from the date my plan expired? I have a relative from abroad who comes to the US twice a year and uses AT&T PREPAID number. Every time he is here for 2-3 months. He would like to be using the same number when he is here, but doesn't want to pay anything when he is abroad and not using this number. Is there a way to prevent the number from being deleted for more than 60 days without refilling? Thanks

Guru

• 

561 Messages

7 years ago

60 days from expiry or last date of plan service.

The way to do this is to switch the plan to paygo either the 25 cent plan or the $2 /day plan and add $100 when your friend leaves.  This will hold the number for up to a year.  When your friend returns, he can switch to the plan he would like and it will deduct from the balance.  This way he gets to keep his number as long as he remembers to switch and change plans as described above.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

hi! I would like to know about my at&t number I worked over board and my AT&T PREPAID number is ***, and I'm worry I couldn't refill it, cause I'm in vacation and I'm rather to comeback to the United States of America next week, I used to refill every month but now I couldn't because my number is not working I'm out of U.S.A  how long that my number will be last..

[Edited for privacy. This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Guru

• 

561 Messages

7 years ago

As long as you are 60 days or less from the last day of service, you will keep your number and be able to restart service.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

my husband would like too restart service on his phone its been down for a few months what does he have too do too restart service

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@greeneyez1966 He probably needs to open a new account with a new SIM card and new number. If it has been “down for a few months”, his old account has probably been closed. However, if it has been less than 60 days and his account is still open, all he needs to do is refill/renew his plan.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

That's puss poor service

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

My plan was 2 dollars a day , the second day I had no service whatsoever , however the night before I had 6,75 in my account , add ripped me off, 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

After the re-fill I still see that I have 0 kB of 6GB remaining and under the data plan bar I see "Unlimited reduced speed".

Can somebody explain to me how come?

Thanks

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.