Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Ceastman77's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, June 19th, 2012 11:14 PM

What exactly comes withe the $50 prepaid card/phone?

I'm not entirely sure how it works, but it says I'd get Unlimited Data, Voice, and Text for 90 days, I believe. I know I probably need to set up an account. Does it come with a SIM card for the phone? Is it like the other cards; does it charge per minute/text/kb? Does it auto-renew, or do I have to buy a new card everytime?

I just want some general information before comming some money to it.

More info: I plan on getting the AT&T Avail, with the $50 Pre-paid card. 

Edit: Can I link the go phone to an already existing account? If so, is there a charge? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

12 years ago

@Ceastman77 wrote:

I'm not entirely sure how it works, but it says I'd get Unlimited Data, Voice, and Text for 90 days, I believe. I know I probably need to set up an account. Does it come with a SIM card for the phone? Is it like the other cards; does it charge per minute/text/kb? Does it auto-renew, or do I have to buy a new card everytime?

I just want some general information before comming some money to it.

More info: I plan on getting the AT&T Avail, with the $50 Pre-paid card. 

Edit: Can I link the go phone to an already existing account? If so, is there a charge? 

GENERAL INFORMATION FOR USING A GOPHONE

The AT&T Avail (or any GoPhone) includes the SIM card.

The refill card comes in $15/30 days, $25/90 days, $50/90 days, $60 /90 days and $100 /365 days.  I think there’s even a $10 refill. The number of days is for calculating the date of expiration of  GoPhone accounts. The day you register your refill is day 1.

The refill adds money to your account  but no airtime yet until you choose a talk and text plan. When you select a plan, say $25 monthly for talk and text, $25 comes off  your account balance. For example if you buy a $50 refill card, you will have $50 in the account to begin with. Once you select that $25 monthly plan, $25 will come off your account, leaving you with an account balance of $25. But now you have airtime plus the $25 in the account balance that you can use to buy features like data for example. So now say you buy $25 for 1GB data, then another $25 will be deducted from your account, leaving a balance of $0. But by now you have talk, text and 1 GB data to use for 30 days even though your balance is $0.  As long as your account is not expired, you can use the talk, text and data for 30 days.

If you don’t add any more money after the 30 days is over, you will not be able to use your phone. If you don’t use your phone for another 60 days, your account will expire.  This example illustrates how the 90 days come into play for the $50 refill card.

Alternately, you could have picked the $50 monthly unlimited everything. Does it sound too good to be true. Well it is in a way.  This $50 monthly unlimited plan is great for messaging phones. Unfortunately, the plan excludes data for smartphones but everything else should be unlimited. If you need data, you can just add data, say $25 for 1GB, or $15 for 200MB or $5 for 50MB.

Each GoPhone has a separate account. I am not aware of a way of linking your existing account to a GoPhone account.

EDIT: I checked my account summary. It says Auto Renews on June 2. I have read forum posts that might indicate a glitch so you may want to keep an eye on your account near the end of the 30 day period. For the data plan, it does not look like the data will auto renew.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you! That's all I wanted.

Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

12 years ago

@Ceastman77 wrote:
Thank you! That's all I wanted.

You're very welcome. Smiley Very Happy Glad that I can help.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I bought a 50 plan for my phone and now I am out of min

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

So y did I run out of min when I bought a 50 doller plan

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

That's crazy.. I have the $45 unlimited plan and I've never ran out of minutes until the 30 days is up.you shouldn't run out of minutes until then either that's why it's called unlimited atleast until the 30 days is up.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.