Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
kg4under14's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, August 5th, 2014 5:07 PM

Trying to port number to another carrier, can't find billing pin number.

I've been trying to port my number to Republic wireless, and they need my account number and pin number.  I have provided them with both, according to my conversations with AT&T customer service.  It's been a challenge to find this info, as I am a pre-paid customer with no bills.  I am trying to figure out where to find my billing pin. Again, I do not receive a bill.  I have given RW my pin that I use to access my account on att.com, but they tell me that this is not correct. Where do I find this info? I have had 3 calls to AT&T, each waiting about 15 minutes before I have talked to a human, and have had no success in finding my billing pin. I have the correct account number. Please help.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hello Community!

This is a great question and one that we get a lot, so we wanted to provide the answer to help anyone that is looking to Port out their GoPhone.

Whether it is a standard Post Paid account or a GoPhone Pre Paid account, the information needed by the new carrier is the same:

• Service with AT&T must still be active (if you have already cancelled your service, it can't be ported to the new carrier)
  • Current AT&T wireless number
  • Current AT&T account number
  • PIN - This should not be needed, and can be left blank on the request.  If you receive an error that a PIN is required, please contact us to have it removed to allow the Port to process.

You can find your account number by going to your online account management homepage.

If you have any issues getting your account number or with your port, please contact us directly for assistance.

Thanks everyone!

Tim 

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, kg4under14!

Thanks for posting. We would be happy to review your account and help find your PIN, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Hello-

I just want to find out where to find my billing pin number.  thanks.

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

10 years ago

i think it is relatively easy to get a go phone pin changed. they will resend you a new pin # via a sms message.

(Edited: previous links listed are no longer active and were removed)

however. your port request will need the actual billing account # for your go phone service. you need to call 611, 1 800 331 0500 or go to the at&t store to get this account #. there is no way for you to get this account # online. your telephone number IS NOT the account #

since you are on the phone anyway, i would suggest making sure your imei # ( the phone serial number is on file on your account ) before porting # and closing service, i think its a good idea to have the phone unlocked.

you need to be a go phone customer for 6 months before they will honor the request.

make sure they have your IMEI # on file. you call *#06# this will show you your IMEI # read that number off to at&t to make sure that imei is on file. so they will unlock your phone. i was twice denied unlocks because at&t had no record of my imei (phones serial #) being assigned to me. once i made sure the imei # was assigned to my gophone service the phone unlock request went through.  even if you don't think you need an unlock, i think everyone should get one when the terms have been fullfiled

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Dear ATT,

Thank you for the detailed message. I tried to lookup account number at online acccount management homepage in URL posted in previous message. I was not able to find it. 

Can an you please provide exact steps after login to portal to find the account number?

regards

sarthak

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.