Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Dawn1776's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, October 29th, 2016 9:12 PM

Closed

Transfer att number to straight talk

What so i have to do to transfer my att number to my new straight talk

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

7 years ago

Contact Straight Talk and have them port your number from AT&T.

If you have closed your account with AT&T, your number is gone.

Scholar

• 

337 Messages

7 years ago

As @kdfeferer stated you need to contact straight talk. they will do the port request. As far as you number if you have canceled your att account within 59 days you can reactivate your account to have straight talk port it out then it will cancel your att account again. If it is past 59 days you will need a new number.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

WHAT INFO DO I NEED TO TRANSFER MY AT&T NUMBER TO A STRAIGHT TALK PHONE. MY AT&T PHONE STILL WORKS???

Guru

• 

561 Messages

7 years ago

You will need your phone number, account number and PIN.  The account number and PIN is available via customer service by dialing 611.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Why does it take several days to transfer from AT&T to straight talk? What is the process that takes so long? Is it from the initial carrier or the new carrier? I have no service on my phone and can’t get no information on how long it will take. Just the general answer of two hours to two business days.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

i amhaving the same problem did you get help r did you find out how long it would take 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Can you still transfer even if you still have a balance on your phone you owe? I never actually signed the contract when my mom transfered responsibility to me back in october. I cant afford a 101$ bill for just myself just for 3 gigs with unlimited talk and text every month. Thats just crazy

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Kogitsune You can transfer as long as you are not past due on any bill. It’s ok if you still owe money on a phone. When you port your number to Straight Talk, you will cancel your ATT service. You will then be billed for what you owe on the phone.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hi I'm trying to change my phone to straight talk I don't get good service with at&t but I want to keep my number can it be done

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Vgriffin Yes, it can be done but you need to contact Straight Talk. Be careful, though. Straight Talk does not have their own network, they use ATT or Verizon or Sprint or T-Mobile. If your reason for switching is poor coverage, it won’t get any better if they put you on ATT.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.