What so i have to do to transfer my att number to my new straight talk
Message 1 of 14
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎10-29-2016 5:36 PM

Re: Transfer att number to straight talk

Contact Straight Talk and have them port your number from AT&T.

If you have closed your account with AT&T, your number is gone.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 14
Employee

As @kdfeferer stated you need to contact straight talk. they will do the port request. As far as you number if you have canceled your att account within 59 days you can reactivate your account to have straight talk port it out then it will cancel your att account again. If it is past 59 days you will need a new number.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 14
Contributor

WHAT INFO DO I NEED TO TRANSFER MY AT&T NUMBER TO A STRAIGHT TALK PHONE. MY AT&T PHONE STILL WORKS???

Message 4 of 14

You will need your phone number, account number and PIN.  The account number and PIN is available via customer service by dialing 611.

Message 5 of 14
Contributor

Why does it take several days to transfer from AT&T to straight talk? What is the process that takes so long? Is it from the initial carrier or the new carrier? I have no service on my phone and can’t get no information on how long it will take. Just the general answer of two hours to two business days.

Message 6 of 14
Contributor

i amhaving the same problem did you get help r did you find out how long it would take 

Message 7 of 14
Contributor

Can you still transfer even if you still have a balance on your phone you owe? I never actually signed the contract when my mom transfered responsibility to me back in october. I cant afford a 101$ bill for just myself just for 3 gigs with unlimited talk and text every month. Thats just crazy

Message 8 of 14
ACE - Expert

@Kogitsune You can transfer as long as you are not past due on any bill. It’s ok if you still owe money on a phone. When you port your number to Straight Talk, you will cancel your ATT service. You will then be billed for what you owe on the phone.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 14
Contributor

Hi I'm trying to change my phone to straight talk I don't get good service with at&t but I want to keep my number can it be done

Message 10 of 14
ACE - Expert

@Vgriffin Yes, it can be done but you need to contact Straight Talk. Be careful, though. Straight Talk does not have their own network, they use ATT or Verizon or Sprint or T-Mobile. If your reason for switching is poor coverage, it won’t get any better if they put you on ATT.

Message 11 of 14
Contributor

How long does this process take? I activated my new straight talk phone yesterday morning at 8am. I called at&t and asked them to release the number to straight talk and she said the process would be complete within 3 hours. It has been almost 24 hours now and my new phone is still not active. My old phone still works but I get no reception with it so it don't do any good anyway, hence the reason for switching too straight talk. I am so frustrated. 

Message 12 of 14
ACE - Expert

@horsegurl You need to ask Straight Talk how long it will take. There was no reason to call ATT to release your number. As long as you provided the correct account information to Straight Talk, that is all they need to complete the port.

Message 13 of 14
Contributor

Yes you will or possibly will get better coverage. Since straighttalk uses EVERYBODY else's towers chances are you'll get better coverage. I did. I went from not being able to use my att service I'm my own home to being able to talk anywhete, anytime with my straighttalk service. It's much better. Don't listen to me or anybody else for that matter tho, give it a shot...they're cheaper and they have cheaper data add ons too...if u don't like it, swap back. ...they also have a pay as u go lease a new phone 'smart pay' program that allows ppl like me to afford a brand new phone that I'd never be able to splurge 800 bucks on...anyway, customer service with att is better but overall service is better with straighttalk for me....everybody has their own experiences and opinions tho...

Message 14 of 14
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support