Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
QUEREL's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, January 12th, 2017 1:29 PM

Renew a prepaid data plan

Hello

I’m a french woman, living in France, and I fly to the US 2 or 3 times a year.

On Last May 2016, I bought a go phone with a sim card and a prepaid 2 Gb Data plan – no annual contract

I go next week to the US Virgin Islands, and I want to know how I can refill the plan or re-charge the sim card, or …

I asked about it on the chat, but I obtained various answers :

• 1st answer : I just have to refill the plan on the web, 8 Gb for 75 $
  • 2nd answer : I have to buy a new simcard, cause mine is no longer operating

I don’t know what to do ?? – I need a data plan on my go phone, to use it as a hotspot, to connect 2 or 3 devices, for one month

Otherwise, I was in St Vincent Island (Carribean – no coverage by AT&T) last November, and I wanted to use my go phone with a Digicel simcard = the go phone is locked, and it is impossible to unlock it on the web :

On the unlock page, after writing the IMEI, I can’t fill the fields « Make » and « Model »

Always the same merror message :

« We're sorry, but we're having technical difficulties with our network at the moment. Please try again later »

Please, help on these 2 items

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Unless you have been filling your account since you were last here, answer #2 is correct. If your account balance is $0 for more than 60 days, your account is closed and number re-used. You will need to open a new account and will need a new SIM card. 

As for unlocking your phone, you must complete 6 months of gophone service before your phone will be unlocked. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@coastwise ATT has shut down its 2G network. If your GPRS device is 2G only, it won’t work on ATT.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you sandblaster

So, I just have to buy a new sim card in a AT&T store, and insert it in my go phone ?

Can I buy the simcard on the web ?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Yes to the first question, not sure about buying on the web. You can order online but I don't think you can ship internationally.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hi,

My Prepaid Plan was supposed to renew today- March 7th 2018. However, my data is not yet renewed and I'm finding it hard to use internet. Please let me know until when will my account be refilled with data. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I'm having the same issue that you did did you ever get a resolution for it? If so please let me know it must be a problem on their end if there are more than several people having the same issue at this time

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@CarlieWarren18  If you didn’t have enough money to refill your plan and pay the taxes, your plan won’t renew. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I want a sim card compatible with a sms data device (GPRS)

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@coastwise  Go to an ATT store.  This is a customer populated forum, not ATT

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.