Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Ana428's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, May 24th, 2013 5:18 AM

Rate plan expiration (Prepaid GoPhone)

Hi

I have an ATT GoPhone number for my occasional trips to the US. My account summary is as follows:

Main Account Balance

$35.68

Account Status

Active 

Account Balance Expiration Date

02/28/2014 

Cancel Date

04/29/2014 

Rate Plan

$50 Monthly Unlimited Plan 

Rate Plan Status

Expired

Rate Plan Expiration Date

05/19/2013 

My questions are:

1. By when do I have to refill my account so that I can continue with the same number and rate plan?  And with how many dollars? 

2. My next trip to the US will not be for another 6 to 8 months at least, in the meantime, do I have to keep refilling my account with 50 bucks every month/ few months? Is there a way to maintain the same number that allows me to re-filI only when required? 

My main concern is maintaining the same number. 

I have read most of the literature available on the forum/ ATT website regarding this, but wasn't able to figure out a definite answer.

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

Hello!

Just as a reminder, $15 refills will add 30 days to your account expiration date, $25 and $50 refills will add 90 days, and $100 refills will add one full calendar year.

The way I figure it, if I were you, I would add $100 to your account (if you're comfortable with that) to ensure that your account will not expire. The day you add $100, it will add one year to your account expiration date. I would suggest to do this on 2/27/14, the day before your account expires. You shouldn't have to worry about your account or phone number expiring using this method.

Depending on how long your stays are in the U.S., your plan and the $100 refill might work out very well. I see that you are signed up for the $50 monthly plan. If you stay two months here in the U.S., that will cover the cost of the $100, but you will still be able to keep the extended account expiration date due to the refill.

Hope this helps clear up some confusion!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

Yes, your rate plan should be activated due to the addition of $25 on top of the remaining $35.68 already in your balance. That would be enough to cover your $50 monthly plan.

Even if you do not use the plan, $50 would still be deducted from the account. Perhaps you might want to hold off for a little while on adding more money if you are concerned about this.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Hi Wild Banchi

Thanks for the reply.
Just one more thing - once I add dollars to my account (probably $25), my rate plan will once again be activated, right ? Will there be any charges related to it if there is no usage ? My trips usually last about 2 weeks at a time....

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

That clears up all my doubts. Thanks, Wild Banchi 🙂

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

You're welcome! 🙂

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

But keep an eye on it - dial 611 occasionally to check your plan!

I bought a $138.00 simple 10c a minute plan ($30 to join and $100 for a year), put it on an old phone and gave it to a friend who didn't use it for 9 months, then when she needed it, it didn't work.

611 told me it was on the $25/month program and there was only $24.78 left.

The first ATT person I talked to said "the automated system changed the plan.  There was no record of an ATT employee changing it.  Calling 611 from the phone is the only way this could have happened."

Whaaa???

Then I realized the phone had a list of EVERY call that had been made to it (10) including the ONLY 611 call - the one that I had just made!

I called back and two operators DENIED there had ever been a $25/month charge, but claimed the records are only kept 6 mo so had no idea where the money went.

So obviously there had been a glitch.  $75+ dollars down the drain.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

Oh, and when you talke to them get their employee ID's.  Nobody knows who Alex is only moments after he's finished lying to you.

Mentor

• 

71 Messages

11 years ago

The monthly plan will automatically charge you monthly, that is monthly plan, isn't it?

Scholar

• 

110 Messages

11 years ago

wild_banchi, just a question , the lady has a 50 monthly plan rate, so if you refill a 100 on the account it will still take 50 when it renews and another 50 the next month it renews, when she comes back her accounts gonna be close, right?

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

@LG_21 wrote:
wild_banchi, just a question , the lady has a 50 monthly plan rate, so if you refill a 100 on the account it will still take 50 when it renews and another 50 the next month it renews, when she comes back her accounts gonna be close, right?

Actually, no, her account would still remain active. $100 adds a year to the account expiration date. Even if all of the $100 is used up, the account is still active. There just would not be any balance remaining.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.