Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
thomas_neo's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, July 18th, 2018 9:41 PM

Question to refill and expiration date

Guys,

I'm living in Europe and I'm currently at Denver and bought me an AT&T Prepaid Card. I will leave on Friday and want to use my card when I'm come back 27th January 2019.

At the moment I use the 45$ plan valid up to Aug 12.The idea would be to reduce this Friday at the Airport to 25 Cent Minute plan. Will this change be done immediately or on Aug 12? My account balance is $0.00

To keep my nr. alive I had the following idea.

Beginning with Aug 12 I have 60 days time before deactivation. After 58 days I will add $25 online to my card. These should be help for 90 more days. In January 19, may 88 days later I will ad $25 more and have in total $50 on my card. When I come back end of January I change my plan back to $45. Does it work?

Thanks

Thomas

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@thomas_neo The issue is if you have any trouble logging on remotely (sometimes another country has problems) you won't be able to add on. If you need to reset anything, it can't send you an authorization text either.

Putting $100 on it an then it locks down the number for a year for you. If it's going to get used eventually, that's what I'd do.

Obviously, $100 instead of the $45, would have prevented the possibility of too much extra money on it and you'd have been good for a year.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Also, your $45 plan will terminate immediately when you change to the $0.25/minute plan. If your account balance is $0 when you switch, the 60 day clock will start that day meaning that you would have to refill by Sept 16 or so, then again around Nov 14 or so meaning you would have to refill a third time in early January. As @Gary L points out, most people report not being able to manage their prepaid account from outside the US. The safest option to retain your number is refill with $100 before you leave.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks guys!

Clear, I would follow your proposal and add $100

Thomas

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.