Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
bwp73's profile

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

Thursday, March 13th, 2014 1:34 PM

Purchasing blocks of extra data

I've signed up for the new 2GB shared mobile plan ($40/ mo. postpaid). If I'm nearing my monthly limit, is it cheaper to purchase an extra block of data (e.g. 1GB) in advance or will I just be billed for the extra at the same amount? I want to avoid having to pay by the MB, if that's how overage costs are calculated.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

10 years ago

The way I read the plan description it sounds like the most prudent way is to buy an additonal block of data.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

10 years ago

Just to be clear, I don't want to increase my plan by 1GB, just a one-time buy. I don't see a way to do that. IIRC, when I was with AT&T before, if I went over my monthly limit, I would automatically be billed for another full month's data (at the time I was on a 200MB plan). I just want to be sure the same applies now. 

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

10 years ago

@bwp73 wrote:

Just to be clear, I don't want to increase my plan by 1GB, just a one-time buy. I don't see a way to do that. IIRC, when I was with AT&T before, if I went over my monthly limit, I would automatically be billed for another full month's data (at the time I was on a 200MB plan). I just want to be sure the same applies now. 

The plan description doesn't make it clear enough whether the 1GB for $10 is a one-time thing (meaning you can buy as many of those as you need in one billing period and have no effect on the next) or whether it means you can have 3GB of data for $70/month. I have no personal experience with this plan, so I don't know for sure.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.