Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Jon_Con's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, April 25th, 2014 10:40 PM

Paid for $60 plan but received the $40 plan instead

I recently started to use go phone plans and the first month of usage I chose the $40 prepaid plan. So, I determined that the data was not enough for me so now I wanted to pick the $60 plan. I purposely waited for the $40 plan month (March to April) to end so it wouldn't renew. Today I purchased the $60 card plan and added it to my account so I could get the 2.5GB data, however upon entering the code and checking my account, I saw I only received the $40 plan. I want the $60 plan that's why I spent $60, I don't want $40 with $20 balance on my account.

Can someone from AT&T help to fix this? The $60 I spent on the card plan was for the $60 plan, not the $40 one.

Please help! I purchased the card today (30 minutes ago)

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

10 years ago

@Jon_Con wrote:

I recently started to use go phone plans and the first month of usage I chose the $40 prepaid plan. So, I determined that the data was not enough for me so now I wanted to pick the $60 plan. I purposely waited for the $40 plan month (March to April) to end so it wouldn't renew. Today I purchased the $60 card plan and added it to my account so I could get the 2.5GB data, however upon entering the code and checking my account, I saw I only received the $40 plan. I want the $60 plan that's why I spent $60, I don't want $40 with $20 balance on my account.

Can someone from AT&T help to fix this? The $60 I spent on the card plan was for the $60 plan, not the $40 one.

Please help! I purchased the card today (30 minutes ago)

It appears you will need to contact Customer Care to change your plan. Be advised, from my searching, the first plan change is at no charge, but further Go Phone plan changes will result in a $10 fee. 

Here's a thread with some more information:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Prepaid/change-gophone-rate-plan-online/m-p/3514765#M45336

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you, I just did that and fortunately that was my first rate plan change. Thanks again!

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

10 years ago

@Jon_Con wrote:
Thank you, I just did that and fortunately that was my first rate plan change. Thanks again!

Glad it helped! Feel free to stop by the forums anytime...there's lots of great folks here ready to help!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.