Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Sopeeved's profile

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, March 30th, 2017 3:11 AM

No hotspot for $65 plan!?!?!

I use my hotspot as my ONLY internet source so when I got a text from att saying that they have a new plan with 22GB of data, I switched. When I tried to use my hotspot to watch Netflix on my TV, it kept shutting off. When I called technical support, they told me that hotspot is not offered on that plan and there was nothing they could do. There was nothing that told me that I would lose the feature when I switched. It's kind of a big deal. I asked them to just credit my account for what I hadn't used (I haven't even had the plan for a full 24 hours) and I would just switch back to the $45 plan. They refused. I asked them if I could pay an additional fee to turn the hotspot feature on. They refused. I'm so furious and will be switching my service as soon as the plan expires if no one can help.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@Panchopantera

I don’t work for At&t.  

2017 prepaid unlimited.  https://www.theverge.com/2017/3/10/14882734/att-launches-bad-unlimited-data-plan-prepaid-gophone

“You aren’t able to stream HD video using this plan, either — AT&T limits streams to 480p. The plan also includes unlimited call time and texting, but there doesn’t appear to be any tethering included. The only other constraint is that you’ll have to sign up for automatic bill pay to get the plan.”

There are also multiple comments/complaints on the forum about the plan not including tethering. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Sopeeved wrote:
I use my hotspot as my ONLY internet source so when I got a text from att saying that they have a new plan with 22GB of data, I switched. When I tried to use my hotspot to watch Netflix on my TV, it kept shutting off. When I called technical support, they told me that hotspot is not offered on that plan and there was nothing they could do. There was nothing that told me that I would lose the feature when I switched. It's kind of a big deal. I asked them to just credit my account for what I hadn't used (I haven't even had the plan for a full 24 hours) and I would just switch back to the $45 plan. They refused. I asked them if I could pay an additional fee to turn the hotspot feature on. They refused. I'm so furious and will be switching my service as soon as the plan expires if no one can help.

@Sopeeved

prepaid is cheap low cost service..  You could get unlimited data post paid for 85 a month plus tax.

here is the TOS on the gophone 65 plan.

Capture.PNG

1 Attachment

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

That's all good and great, but I'm still screwed. There should be some sort of option for customers in my situation. I am not the only one. I am not asking for anything for free. I do believe that I should be able to go back to previous plan without paying for a whole new months service when I just renewed my plan this morning. I get that I didn't look hard enough at the fine print, but any other company would prorate it and switch me back. I also truly believe the fact that the is no tethering allowed should be much more obvious than one short sentence in the fine print. It is what it is I guess.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

I just realized this as well. I was on the 60$ plan, saw the 22GB limit on the 65$ plan, switched, now I see I am screwed as well because AT&T is stupid.

[Inappropriate content removed] this company, and their greed. I'm switching as soon as I can. This is just crap terms over crap terms. I'm so sick and tired of shelling out good money and they refuse to let me use my data how I see fit.

[Inappropriate content removed] Data to the device is data to the device. Money grubbing monkeys.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@Kungpaoshizi

It is not a 22 gig plan.  It's an unlimited data plan.    Tethering is only permitted on the PLUS 

plan, which is postpaid.  You should always read the terms.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

This is prepaid. Which also shows a better quality customer since they're paying up front.

Otherwise it's not unlimited truly, it's 22GB then they throttle you down. Unlimited suggests it's constant speed, because that's the way it always has been. Things can change yes, but it's purely a shady business practice that has come to be the norm.

And reading the terms? Yes. But it's also again, prepaid. (better financial status of the customer as it's not "borrowed" time to pay)

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@Kungpaoshizi   They do not throttle after 22 gigs.  The line is reprioritised.   

Many have unlimited data and experience occasional or No slow down at all well past 22 gigs.  The only throttle is on tethering.

The $65 plan and all prepaid are budget plans.  You pay less, you get less.  If you want bells and whistles you have to pay more and use postpaid.  

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

Go troll somewhere else.

This isn't about paying less and getting less. This is about greedy little [Inappropriate content removed], which you're probably one of, changing things around for already good paying customers.

You wanna talk more about post-paid plans? Do it elsewhere. Your continued comments here only prove you're not that bright. This is more about a complaint of the company, changing services and grabbing customers by the balls, and then wondering why they leave.

Good day sir.

[Please keep it courteous]

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

Shady how? You're expecting the same level of service on a cheaper plan? That's an unreasonable expectation. This is a business, not a charity. 

The carrier has every right to make features available on more expensive plans and less available on cheaper plans. Parity doesn't exist. Hotspot costs more and that's the companies right to do so. Greedy? No, that's not greed. It's business.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

Lol what is rich is you saying prepaid is a better quality cusotmer. Most are NOT. Post paid has to pass a credit check for a reason.
It's prepaid use up your time port out to another prepaid mvno and call it a day if you don't like what att is selling. I will say that any carrier you go to will have the same type of limits.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.