Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
mcg1's profile

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, October 22nd, 2008 4:55 PM

Closed

New Go-Phone

I just got my go-phone in the mail but the thing is I won't be needing it for awhile. I wanted to get it just in case the price went up again. The only thing I did was charge the battery. If I don't activate the phone now, do I have to do it within a certain time period where if I don't, I won't be able to activate it at all?

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

16 years ago

@mcg1 wrote:
I just got my go-phone in the mail but the thing is I won't be needing it for awhile. I wanted to get it just in case the price went up again. The only thing I did was charge the battery. If I don't activate the phone now, do I have to do it within a certain time period where if I don't, I won't be able to activate it at all?

The SIM card will expire and become useless in 90 days. My advice would be to add the $25 PIN right away, you'll get the $10 added within a week, access the following URL: http://www.nokiausa.com/res/ecom/pics/cartEmpty30x21_1a.gif. This will satisfy the AT&T T&C (you have activated & used the phone, the total usage will be $0.01). Now pawn off the SIM on eBay, you should be able to get $20-$25 for it. When you actually need the phone, go to an AT&T store and ask for a SIM card & activation.

If you anticipate that you'll start using the phone within 90 days, keep the SIM.

Message Edited by dmapr on 10-22-2008 11:29:13 AM

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

16 years ago

Thanks.

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

16 years ago

@mcg1 wrote:

Thanks.

You're welcome!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.